Sound Blaster 2ZS Platinum- HELP PLEASE!

b182tm

In Runtime
Hey everybod,
I have a little problem. I got a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS Platinum from a friend, but I already had the 2ZS sound card. I kept my 2ZS, and he just gave me the front panel I/O drive. I plugged that all in, but the front panel drive doesnt work, but the sound card works fine. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Should I just stick with his sound card, so they are matched, or does it matter if thay are mixed (It's the same card). Any ideas?

Thanks,
Derek

Try uninstalling your soundcard including drivers and then reinstall his soundcard and the drive bay panel doohickey. It may require the matching sound card. Try it out and see what it does. It should work.

Yeah, the driver needs to have support for front panel. Check all the connections as well just 2 be sure you didn't miss a cable or something.

Do you think the front panel needs a power cord? Because it came with a power cord thing, but it isnt being used...????

Hey guys, I put on his sound card with the front panel, and it still doesnt work. This is really bugging me. Any ideas? I should probably tell you that the pins that the front panel plug into on the sound card are bent, but you can still get the connector on there. Besides, I dont think it would just totally not work. So, any help would be good.

Thanks a lot,
Derek

No more ideas? Ok, well does anyone know the name of the cable that goes between the sound card and the front panel? Is it the AD_EXT Cable?

Thanks,
Derek

Did I mention I have a power cord here, but dont know what to do with it? It doesnt plug in anywhere.

Derek

Back
Top Bottom