GeForce FX 5500 Does not work Right.

Andrew2020

In Runtime
Couple days ago at the great best buy and there great boxing day sale I came across a great video card for a good deal to. This card was a
GeForce FX 5500
Bus Type:pCI
Core Clock:270MHz
RAMDACs:Dual 350MHz
API Support: Microsoft DirectX 9.0 And lower, OpenGL1.5 and lower for microsoft windows.
Connection:VGA, S-Video Out
Vertices/Sec 67.5 Million.

I think this is a really good card. Well at least compared to my old one (Nvidia MMX 440).
I think there is something wrong with my drivers or something I have crappy game play. In the game F.E.A.R I have lag in Minimum Graphics does someone know why this is happening?

no offense i had the 5500 it sucked...it is prolly a stepup from the 440... the 5500 does not meat the requirements for FEAR so you will need to take it back, i think the minimum is like a 5900 or something...im sorry i had this exact problem like 2 days ago and i traded it in for a 6600 PCI-E card 256mb that runs FEAR great it is only $179.99 at best buy
sorry for the inconvience

There's nothing wrong with that. I would expect that from the card you have and that game, because it is probably the most demanding game out there right now. I don't mean to burst your bubble, but that card really isn't that great. I have a GeForce FX 5200 and hated it beyond belief. It was really slow. Upgraded to a 6600 GT and it's an amazing amount faster.

Jamxx said:
There's nothing wrong with that. I would expect that from the card you have and that game, because it is probably the most demanding game out there right now. I don't mean to burst your bubble, but that card really isn't that great. I have a GeForce FX 5200 and hated it beyond belief. It was really slow. Upgraded to a 6600 GT and it's an amazing amount faster.
you are wrong battlefield 2 is the most system hogging piece of crap i have ever seen it is a great game but they need to optimize it a lil' bit there is not reason why it should require so much resources

one other thing no offense you really need to trade that card in for a 6600, b/c the card you got sucks...

Oh. Hmm, from what I've heard around here F.E.A.R. takes the cake usually. Battlefield 2 usually just wants a great hunk of memory to sit on when it is running. That's what the general word around here has been anyway.

I don't really know myself; I don't own either game and I've only played the demo for Battlefield 2 (which runs flawlessly, but the details are down low as well), I was just relaying what I've heard.

yeah maybe so i have the games somewhere but it is 12:30 and i dont feel like finding them and comparing them

recon 16 said:
no offense i had the 5500 it sucked...it is prolly a stepup from the 440... the 5500 does not meat the requirements for FEAR so you will need to take it back, i think the minimum is like a 5900 or something...im sorry i had this exact problem like 2 days ago and i traded it in for a 6600 PCI-E card 256mb that runs FEAR great it is only $179.99 at best buy
sorry for the inconvience

Great deal?!!? I got my apollo 6800 128mb for 179.99 of newegg!

Back
Top Bottom