Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 955 Processor

1337DuD3 said:
My dad used to work over at intel. Infact over half of Hillsboro is actually empolyed by intel. They make our 80,000 population noticeable on the map. But yeah, over at intel they actually have this little "tour" thing where you can go in and take a walk around and check out the latest things they're doing. Plus at the end they have a computer lab where you can actually surf the net. It's really cool. I've been there on a few school field trips back in the past. There's also a campus in Aloha, which is like 10 minutes away where they do all the processing and making the chips and what not, basically the peopel in the "rabbit" suits.

But yeah, I should go an get some pictures of the place for you guys some time. Maybe I'll just happen to get "lost" and "accidentlly" walk into their newst chip lineup and "accidentally" take a few Presler chips. :D

You mean the Bunny Suits? Haha...:p Oh yeah, if you accidentally take some, don't forget to send one or two to me. :D

TRDCorolla said:
As impressive as the specs are, Intel's glory will be for a brief moment. AMD will come right back with an Intel counterpart. I'm just looking forward to see how those Presler's perform.

The Presler core could really be called the current-generation Athlon X2 counterpart. Keep in mind that this new core, albiet using the 65nm process, is NOT Intel's next-generation lineup of cores. There's still the Conroe. :D

Hard to say. Current benchmarks show it as a pretty good processor, but it hasn't been compared to the current Athlon X2s yet.

well, did you guys read the tomshardware.com review of the new intel core? in the conclusion it said that though the intel beat the amd 4800+ in many benchmarks, it "cannot overtake it". the other thing is that intel is releasing this core about 8-10 months after the amd 4800, and intel is just matching up to the 4800+. Intel is not even trying to cut their price, $999? thats ridiculous, id rather get the 4800 for $787. i hate to say it but despite intel's good effort, they're still behind in the greater picture, i just hope they have something to compete with the upcoming amd fx-59, and x2 5200+.

Uhh...not the FX-59. It's the FX-60 and it's coming out in about two weeks. Dual-core baby! :D

However, the Presler core is very impressive when it comes to overclocking. It can hit 4.0ghz+ without additional cooling and can hit higher with additional cooling. This is dual-core too. :D

intel just needs to lower its prices by about $300.00 or so and they will start taking back some of the market, especally with overclocking doing good

actually, they will be the same price if not cheaper now cuz of the the 65nm process. Smaller process = more chips per wafer = lower prices = good for consumers. Intel's new line up is quite good, it will give AMD a hard time since they are staying 90nm.

Definately. Intel has plans to go 45nm by 2007, therefore staying ahead of AMD again while they're crossing over to 65nm. :D It'll be a long and hard fight, I'll tell you that.

Back
Top Bottom