The New what did you get for christmas???

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much bigger is the unit though?

And yeah, I was dissapointed with the fact its non-removable, but considering my last player lased 35 hours on one charge... It was great, but broke last week, and could hear no audio, or change tracks...so great...it lasted a year and half and cost 230quid...great...

So... it'll last 4-5 years anyway, non-removable with Creative.
Its not like Apple's batteries that dont even last 2 years before you notice a change. But, you'd probably change the player after about 3 years anyway!

And anyway, I would get the Zen Vision, but I don't know how bigger it is, and also the price is ALOT higher...
Though you can buy a bigger battery that will allow for 26hours of audio or 8 hours of video :D

Though, to be perfectly honest, video and photos are secondary to me.
Music matters alot more! But I can't find a good player thats cheap that just plays audio, has 20-30gb, and the sound also matters to that company, and features as well!
Too many people I've asked go "I bought an ipod because it looks great". Some people just dont care about audio, but I do, being a perfectionist. So meh :p

i've tried the new Sony player (A3000), and gave it back to them after 2 hours. It was too bulky at 20gb, and even though it had good features, an equaliser wasn't enough.

At least the Zen Vision M would probably suffice my needs (plus I could get an on the go charger)...I hope it would anyway. And, it offers a bass boost.

Well if video and photos are a secondary need for you, go with the Zen Vision:M. It's perfectly fine. You could even go with the Zen MicroPhoto(8gb) or the Zen SleekPhoto (20gb). Both are just as good, but no video capabilites. They have very, very nice OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) screens so everything is VERY crisp and clear.

I meant secondary in the way of, if there was a good cheap 20-30gb player, I wouldn't bother with a colour screen or photo capability if it lasted long enough, had a removable battery, and offered good audio (Bass, etc) and features (DJ, alarm, etc)

The Creative Zen Vision M has all that except for the removable battery, and I've heard they didnt make it removable to make the Zen Vision still compeitive. What a load of idiots they are if thats true!

Anhyow... i've been searching the Creative Support site and alot of people are getting very low battery life on Zen Micros and Zen 20gb's. Saying that if they turned on the data capabilioty, it only lasted 4-5 hours, and that is not enough!!!

I think I'm going to be put off... stupid battery :( They just can't make a PeRfEcT player can they. If it had removable battery, it would have been! Though if it only lasted 5 hours per charge... 10hrs still wouldnt be enough from 2 batteries!

------------

My old player by the way was an Iaudio M3L (non removable) but the battery lasted 35 hours, and has died on me now after dropping it on the floor, and the connection for data and speakers going into the player... though the external drive still works and all, and still plays.

I would get the X5L, but that worries me now (and the remote broke on my M3L after about 4 months of use).

But what also gets me is the way it works, the system. its hard to find a certian file within folders, and there are no playlist features, or any great shuffle capabilities (it'd loop the same tracks after a while, over and over) so doesn't remember what its played...

Well...all I can say is to wait for reviews to come in. That's what I do. The Zen Vision has gotten pretty good reviews as Portable Media Player so that's why I'm getting it.

Do you know how much bigger it is though compared to lets say an Ipod Video?

If its as big as the Zen Xtra, 30gb, it'd put me off a bit, as testing that, I found it very uncomfortable in the pockets.

About as big as the PSP would you say?

I'm also wondering slightly about the weight, as that'd be important too.

Its a shame though it can't record from TV, as its expensive enough for it to do so :p

The Zen Vision:M should be about the same size as the iPod Video. The Zen Vision should be a bit taller than the PSP and shorter in length.

I tihnk if I could build my own player, I would :p I'd be able to make it perfect then!

How much of a budget you'd think I'd need? hehe

alvino said:
Well...all I can say is to wait for reviews to come in. That's what I do. The Zen Vision has gotten pretty good reviews as Portable Media Player so that's why I'm getting it.

problem is alot of these reviews are going to be from people who love the ipod and think anything else is junk. ( and make excuses for the ipods) beware of that.

Technically I got my computer (I got it earlier than xmas, I got it in early November see signature), a Hoffman BMX Bike (woot), 650 dollars, and a 19" LCD monitor.

With the 650 dollars I bought:

Black 30G Movie Player iPod
World Of Warcraft
Call of Duty 2
RCA Outside Noise Suppresion Headphones

And I still have 150 bucks left!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom