AIM File Transfer Speed

Legion Kreinak

In Runtime
When I send files to friends via AIM, it tops out at 16 kb/s. I receive them at much higher speeds (10x faster, literally) but outgoing stuff is so slow. Anyone know why this is?

Is that the only reason it's going slower, or could there be something else?

I download files the same rate at which I receive those people send to me, so it would make sense that it's them and not me, seeing as I get stuff quickly.

Do you have a firewall? I think it slows transfers becuase it checks the file for viruses etc as they download.

Check into these settings..

aimfw0jh.png

I should have it set to Incoming, outgoing, and AOL proxy server? I think it is already.

My computer is hooked up to a router which was done to allow two computers in the house to feed off the same cable connection. Could this be the problem?

As far as I know, I have no firewalls. Then again, maybe the router has one built in and I don't know it. If so, how would I change it? It's a Linksys router.

Go to http://192.168.1.1 and login with the password 'admin' if you haven't changed it. Change it too :p Then just look around and you should find firewall. You might want to enable UPnP if it supports it.

If it's a Linksys BEFSR41 then it deffo has a firewall & you should enable UPnP.

Back
Top Bottom