My 2 new Powerhouse Computers!

Zaki

Daemon Poster
I finally built my two workstations.
One is a high-end workstation, the other is an ultra-high-end workstation.

Ultra High-End:
Amd Athlon X2 4800+
Asus A8n32-sli-deluxe
Nvidia Quadro 4500 512 mb
Western Digital Raptor 74 Gig 10,000 rpm
4 GB Corsair XMS Ram ECC 3-4-4-8
Cooler Master Full Tower Case
Antec TruePower 2.0 550 power supply (sli ready)
Plextor 716
Samsung 204t silver 20inch monitor
Logitech wireless desktop mx-5000

High-End:
Amd Athlon X2 4800+
Asus A8n32-sli-deluxe
Nvidia GeForce 6800gt 512 mb by EVGA
Western Digital Raptor 74 Gig 10,000 rpm
4 GB Corsair XMS Ram ECC 3-4-4-8
Antec 1080amg full tower
Samsung combo drive
Viewsonic 19 inch vx900
microsoft multimedia keyboard
logitech 4 button mouse

both systems will be run on windows xp pro

total cost: $7400 (already had antec case, viewsonic monitor, samsung cd-rom, microsoft keyboard, and logitech mouse)

so what do you guys think, i ended up leaving the opteron 180 because of the lack of support from its manufacturer and the asus motherboard.

Wow, looks pretty fast. Is that your personal collection or doing it for work? $7400 price tag. That is steep. At least you got two PCs out of it.

yeah, we all wish we could go for dual opterons, but i just dont like any of the server/ "workstation" mobo that are out right now. ill eventually get the quad-core opterons though...until that day this shall do.
this is business/personal, i paid from my own pocket, but its for my business launch. thats the only way i could justify spending 7 grand on anything other than a car!

actually i havent bought the monitor yet, do you guys have any suggestions for a 20 inch monitor, cant be widescreen though.

Zaki said:
I finally built my two workstations.
One is a high-end workstation, the other is an ultra-high-end workstation.

so what do you guys think, i ended up leaving the opteron 180 because of the lack of support from its manufacturer and the asus motherboard.

TYAN K8WE NF4 Pro SLI
S2895A2NRF Dual Socket 940 NVIDIA nForce4 Professional SSI EEB 3.0 Server Motherboard

http://www.tyan.com/products/html/thunderk8we.html

2x AMD Opteron 252 2.6GHz 1MB 64/32 Bit Single Core
*Nothing takes advantage of dual core cpus yet anyways. But many many things take advantage of 2 single core cpus. and this mainboard is dual core ready so you can drop in 2 dual cores when prices drop oo and has 2 full speed x16 PCI-E lanes for Perfect SLI bliss (>"-")> <("-"<)*
If you want your comp to be considered an ultra High End Workstation that is lol. Nice Desktops thou :p

*PS* Dump the quadro and SLI up 2x 512 Geforce 7800 GTX's.

Zaki said:
actually i havent bought the monitor yet, do you guys have any suggestions for a 20 inch monitor, cant be widescreen though.

http://accessories.gateway.com/Acce..._21+inch+LCD_381955/1534243_ProdDetail?seg=cp

I have 2 of these. 3360x1050 Is real real nice. 8MS 1000:1 Contrast. 4 USB hub in each monitor for a nice total of 8 extra USB ports. TV turner cards so when you do upgrade them you have two widescreen LCD TV's. Picture in picture :p 21" widescreen. Looks mint with all games.

SpadeXL said:
TYAN K8WE NF4 Pro SLI
S2895A2NRF Dual Socket 940 NVIDIA nForce4 Professional SSI EEB 3.0 Server Motherboard

http://www.tyan.com/products/html/thunderk8we.html

2x AMD Opteron 252 2.6GHz 1MB 64/32 Bit Single Core
*Nothing takes advantage of dual core cpus yet anyways. But many many things take advantage of 2 single core cpus. and this mainboard is dual core ready so you can drop in 2 dual cores when prices drop oo and has 2 full speed x16 PCI-E lanes for Perfect SLI bliss (>"-")> <("-"<)*
If you want your comp to be considered an ultra High End Workstation that is lol. Nice Desktops thou :p

*PS* Dump the quadro and SLI up 2x 512 Geforce 7800 GTX's.

i would sli the two 7800s but, they're for gaming, and dont support the quadro drivers, which are important for 2d-3d stuff. yeah, an ultra high-end comp would have two processors, but a lot of the new apps DO support dual core, infact just about all of the ones i will be using do support dual core. plus im waiting for the quad core opterons :D

Back
Top Bottom