whats a good video card

Ronco Rox

Fully Optimized
so for christmas i got my new comp. my specs are down there. but i want to get a new video card because the one i have in there isnt really a card. its just attached to the motherboard. and i want one because evntually im going to buy battlefield 2. so what would be a good video card. (i have both pci and agp bus on my mobo)

if you have agp
get the
geforce 6600gt 128mb or 256mb but you will not notice the biggest difference with 256 in my opinion

It says PCI-Express in his post...

If you have the money go one of the 6800 series or 7800 series by Nvidia.

It's an ati chipset though. He's better off with an ati to avoid compability issues. Same with me. I have an itegrated x200. What's your budget? if you want a high end card, you're going to have to first upgrade your psu (if it's not 420W) or more. Then, I suggest either an x1800xt or xl of the same make. Or, if don't have the funds, an x1600xl will do well too. If you want to go through the trouble of uninstalling drivers, disabling, etc. a 7800gt is better than a x1800xl, as so the 7800gtx is better than a x1800xt. But, in my opinion, if you oc the x1800xt, you can pwn two 7800gtx's in sli.

Uninstalling drivers ain't too bad if you know what you're doing, though. I'd say do whatever you think is best.

Back
Top Bottom