Dual Core question.

yes it does. A dual core is just 2 cpus put on one chip. So 1 core can burn the DVD while another core handles the gaming.

Wow...do they cost twice as much? I would think a dual core cpu would therefore be twice as much since they're two in one.

Would going from a Dual-Core (heck, even a regular CPU) of 2.8 GHz to 3.0 GHz make any noticable difference, or is it just benchmark stuff?

Well dual core, is just like hypertrheading just better. Because having 2 physical cores, and 2 logical cores. Thats like a total of 4 cores running at once. The 2 logical cores, dont work as well as the physical, but, they still help. Yeah, they do make a difference. Just from hanging around the forums i know this.

its also not really all that expensive as long as you already have a skt 939 mobo. just pop in the DC and your ready to go

all new intel cpu's out are for LGA755, so you'd need that socket and skt 939 is the newest amd socket so the newest cpu's work with it

Also, someone said something about DIMMs on the RAM and MOBO matching. What are DIMMs, and why do they need to match?

So the only MOBOs I could get for new Intel are LGA755?

yes, but you'llfind its not that simple, theres obtions for the mobo's and different brands and everything it can become quite frustrating once you bring it down to two mobo's

Back
Top Bottom