Intel V.S. AMD

Thing is, I saw those results before. You should see how they really test them. Using only one program, from what I heard. Not a real test.

That "test" to me seems rigged. If you're a professional business, then I don't think you should be portraying each company in certain ways. It seems unprofessional to me to say that intel should be emabassed, and glamorize AMD. The way they talk about AMD clearly shows that the test was rigged.

But, in two weeks the Pentium EE 9xx series of CPUs. And that WILL own AMD.

[EDIT] I saw this, and I supposse it's true...

Reviewer on CNET.com said:
Since when did the Nvidia SLI chipset become optimal for Intel? From the beginning Nvidia chipsets, while affording SLI for gamers they've consistently underperformed Intel's own substantially. Hardly a fair comparison.

Yeah, the nVIDIA nForce4 SLI chipset is really optimized for AMD's...they just quickly rigged it up to run with Intel. Either way, the Intel Pentium EE 955 will probably get owned by the FX-62 anyways. Dual-core and Socket M2 baby...heheh...:D

Heres some quotes from the Cnet forum.:

Since when did the Nvidia SLI chipset become optimal for Intel? From the beginning Nvidia chipsets, while affording SLI for gamers they've consistently underperformed Intel's own substantially. Hardly a fair comparison.

Obviously CNet has allowed their teen worker to run a bench test of this poor quality.

Where are the professionals? Can we expect them to run a proper test that will put the CPU's under proper stress, rather than single applications?

Everyone knows that it unrealistic to compare single application speeds when modern use is multiple.

I propose that you run from four to eight different applications to test multitasking, and 4-8 of the most common used genre specific utilities to test system performance for media type. Example 8 of the world most used video encoders or decoders at once.

Maybe I'm requesting too much as maybe the AMD systems can't tolerate this type of stress?

Intel has Hyperthreading, which wasn't tested in this competition due to only two tasks being used for multitasking tests.

This test has favoured AMD before it started, since AMD are designed for fast single applicaiton access due to onboard memory controller and Intel is designed for mass bandwidth and multitasking.

If you're into modern computer use, buy Intel, if you are into gamign and plain use then buy AMD. Intel si the all rounder though and future proof.

But this is a rather better test:

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/06/03/dual_core_stress_test/index.html

This can turn into a rather interesting conversation.

Back
Top Bottom