Windows vs. Linux

Legion Kreinak

In Runtime
These are the two primary OS I heard about. What are the main differences? Which is better for:

1) Gaming
2) Listening to music
3) Talking on messenger programs
4) Burning CDs & DVDs
5) Browsing the net

Trying to start a flamewar? Everyone has their own prefernce. Now everyone is going to have to share their opinion...

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has them and they all stink...

TRY BOTH FOR YOURSELF AND SEE WHICH IS BETTER FOR YOU. Or if you're too lazy read some friggin' reviews.
They both can do everything the other can.

RewtGuy said:
Trying to start a flamewar? Everyone has their own prefernce. Now everyone is going to have to share their opinion...

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has them and they all stink...

TRY BOTH FOR YOURSELF AND SEE WHICH IS BETTER FOR YOU. Or if you're too lazy read some friggin' reviews.
They both can do everything the other can.

Yeah, or you could go screw yourself. ;)

If you're gonna just bitch, then don't bother posting in my thread. If people flame one another, that's they're problem, not mine.

I'm not going to go find someone who has a Linux to try it, nor am I going to buy it to give it a shot. I'd rather find out what the main differences are from people who have used both.

If want to try Linux, I'd suggest starting out with a more user-friendly one such as Ubuntu. You can burn a Live CD with little computer knowledge and run it completely from the disc so you don't have to worry about it interfering with Windows.

I personnaly like Linux, especially because its safer IMO. Its just as good for Windows for numbers 2-5, and although it physicall can run games just as well there are compatibility issues. Its not nrealy as mainstream as Windows is, so many programs and games arent compatible with Linux. However, there are emulators such as Cedega that will allow you to play most games.

I've always used Windows, despite much of my friends use Linux. It has its advantages, but I'll stay with Windows until I get bored of it xD.

I'm just worried about getting viruses and losing all my music. Thats the main reason I switch.

First of all, Linux is free. You download it, burn the ISO, Set bios to boot cd first, install.

Second of all, I wasn't bitching. I was trying to imply you should learn to do your own research and form your own opinions rather than ask to be spoonfed them.

Last but not least. When you ask which is "better" you're asking for an opinion. Kinda like saying which is better? red or blue? It's all preference. This is where YOU come in to figure out what's best for YOU.

Pack it in. Both of you.

In response to number 1), Windows is definitely the best for gaming. It's where all the latest commercial games are headed, and where you can get all the latest drivers for all your gaming hardware.

Some commercial games do run on Linux, but they're relatively rare.

One thing that I'm not sure CAN be argued is that windows has a lotttttt more compatibility with hardware and software. Not because it's better, but because of the Bill Gates monopoly. All the games and stuff are made for windows, which sadly is why I have windows and now know too much about it to want to leave. :rolleyes:

i would prefer windows and as for linux, i can't say that it's bad since i enjoyed studing course so...maybe it's not as user friendly?

Back
Top Bottom