How can i reformat my harddrive plz help!!!!

civicrocker7

Baseband Member
OK i have this error message that cant get around so is there a program i can save to a floppy that will completly erase my harddrive and reformat it without causing any damage to my other computer componets. THis program also needs to beable to activate from the startup screen thanks

PW

what's the error message...maybe we can get that fixed. or, if you are set on reformating, do you have your windows cd?

you can try a 98 boot floppy disk and FDISK your hard drive. If you need to download it ... you can find it at bootdisk.com

yea i just built this computer and the only thing on the harddrive is half of a windows install and thats whats preventing me from downloading the rest because its trying to boot from the harddrive and theres only half of windows there and theres no way i can set it to boot from a disk

Yes i do have my windows cd and cd key so i can install again

what would the windows 98 floppy disk do for me in this situation i dont want windows 98 i want XP

PLz HELP

have you got a floppy drive?
if so you can set floppy to primary boot.
there is a free six ploppy disc download that you could use to re-format, and re-instal your windows.
woz

I only suggested using the 98 floppy boot disk, because you can FDISK from it ... which is what you were looking to do - reformat your harddrive. Plus, from your first post, you were asking to do this via floppy drive. Surefire way to reformat your hard drive using a floppy is with a 98 boot disk.

From what I read in your later post ... looks like you're unable to boot from cd because you might have your boot priority listing your hard drive as choice #1. Have you tried changing the boot order in your BIOS? If you haven't, try that, then boot from your XP CD and you will be able to reformat your hard drive from there.

Back
Top Bottom