NTLDR is missing wtf?? does that mean

civicrocker7

Baseband Member
Heres my problem i started to load windows xp on my newly built pc about halfway through the instalation a messege comes up that says cannot load some file click enter to retry so i do and the same thing happens so i do it one more time and then this screen that says if you have not seen this message before restart and try again. SOOOO i restart and tried again but this time as soon as the boot screen came on this messege came up "NTLDR is missing click ctrl+alt+delete to restart". OK so i do that and it happens again so theres nothing i can do i cant even enter the BIOS so what are my options can i like just reformate the harddrive and start again from scratch if so whats a program i can do that with THANKS

PW

is the c.d scratched? if not it may be a defective harddrive. true deleting the current partition and starting from scratch again

no you dont understand i cant do anything the only things i can do are turn on the pc press ctrl+alt+delete to restart the pc or turn the pc off those are the only 3 things i can do man

umm no i dont think there is a button on it but i could be wrong where could i ;lool for this button

Reinstall XP. I had a problem with my friends comp with a fresh installation where everytime we tried to reboot it said it was missing a file, eventually we turned it on and it didn't say anything. It's been fine ever since, but your problem is different. Just reformat, you'll spend the same amount of time waiting for answers.

NTLDR is network, if I am well informed. You need to reinstall Windows or a copy of NTLDR...using a Windows XP Preinstallation environement

Back
Top Bottom