BareBones

yoshie1

Baseband Member
was wondering what a barebone actually contains. i was looking at the shuttle mini one

http://www.theglowlounge.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/56_58/products_id/543
it says processor is amd... does that mean it comes with processor?

does it come with motherboard ?? and whats the difference between processer and cpu? i thought it was the same thing..
here it says it doesnt come with processor... cpu?

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=9007&GroupID=1289

whats better AMD or Intel? im guessing AMD..

and.. if it doesnt come with processor.. what one should i get.. does it really matter what one?? and do i need to use that thermal stuff .. or rather how do i use it. i only taken a CPU out once and it had some thermal glue... i put it back cos i didnt know what it might do

It looks like this system comes with the motherboard, case (w/350W PS) and the special intergrated ICE cooling system.

CPU and Processor are the same thing. Unless your gaming then an Intel or AMD are both good choices.

lol.. i am gaming........ um...so the system comes with:

mobo
fans
coolers

so i need to buy... or get a processsor, hard drive, dvd drive, ram... and graphics???
are u sure it doesnt come with graphics card

yoshie said:
lol.. i am gaming........ um...so the system comes with:

mobo
fans
coolers

so i need to buy... or get a processsor, hard drive, dvd drive, ram... and graphics???
are u sure it doesnt come with graphics card

Nope, no graphics. Only a 16x PCI-E Slot.

Maybe it would be better to look into an actual full tower system because these seem overpriced for what your getting.

Yeah, barebones comes with RAM, CPU and motherboard. I think a case too. AMD is number one right now. Intel is trying to make a comeback early next year when they come out with new "Pentium 3" processors, lol.

TRDCorolla said:
Yeah, barebones comes with RAM, CPU and motherboard. I think a case too. AMD is number one right now. Intel is trying to make a comeback early next year when they come out with new "Pentium 3" processors, lol.

This one has NO ram and 2 slots for up to 2GB.

lol tru that/./.. im gonna build mi own pc now.
using the opteron 144hehehheeh my friend has been telling me stuff about how good it is to oc

Back
Top Bottom