need OS help

HRHunteRHR

BSOD
Heres the deal, my friend has his windows home xp cd key, but no cd, and I have my windows home cd with a cd key. I could download it onto his HD, but then he could only use it for 30 days without registering (if he registered, it would screw me over). Can he install via my cd and use HIS cd key, then register it?

I believe so since it's only a Cd that contains some data and the Cd Key is an encryption within MS. So I think yes you can do it. Might as well give it a shot. However, you can crack XP to bypass the Registration. My friend did it to his XP and whatnot. Although I don't think it should come to that if he has a valid CD Key. But how did he get a CD Key without having an XP CD?

1337DuD3 said:
I believe so since it's only a Cd that contains some data and the Cd Key is an encryption within MS. So I think yes you can do it. Might as well give it a shot. However, you can crack XP to bypass the Registration. My friend did it to his XP and whatnot. Although I don't think it should come to that if he has a valid CD Key. But how did he get a CD Key without having an XP CD?

I think it was store bought, it came with XP installed, and he has never reformatted.

Back
Top Bottom