Urgent!!!! Sli Question Need Answer In 15 Minutes

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
can a nvidia 5600 agp SLI with an nvidia 6600gt agp? please answer quick

SLI is only for PCI-Express. So no you can not "Scalable Link Interface" with another card, which by the way what's a 5600? Also, when you do SLI, you have to have to INDENTICLE cards, that means, same clock speeds, same brand, same everything. Although if you just go to http://www.newegg.com and when you select the card you want to purchase just update the numbers to 2 of them, problem solved. :)

Nope. You need two cards with the same GPU configuration and they need to be PCI-e. Besides.... I didnt think the 5xxx nVidias even had Sli provsion?

1337DuD3 said:
which by the way what's a 5600? Also, when you do SLI, you have to have to INDENTICLE cards, that means, same clock speeds, same brand, same everything. Although if you just go to http://www.newegg.com and when you select the card you want to purchase just update the numbers to 2 of them, problem solved. :)
The 5600 was a mid-range nVidia card on this side of the pond atleast back maybe 2years ago.

btw. You no longer need identical cards for SLI with the help of the new Forceware drivers. Aslong as the cards have the same basic GPU config, i.e they're both 6800GT's then everything else doesnt matter. Only thing worth bearing in mind is both cards will be forced to run at clocks and memory size of the slower of the two.

Yes. As long as the chipsets are the same, you can choose any manufacturer that makes video cards (ie. Gigabyte 7800GTX and a MSI 7800GTX combined in SLi mode). I don't think AGP have the SLi capability anyways.

~Rob said:
Nope. You need two cards with the same GPU configuration and they need to be PCI-e. Besides.... I didnt think the 5xxx nVidias even had Sli provsion?

I've never heard of the 5xxx nVidia cards being pci-e. So they can't ne sli'ed.

And as already said, the 2 cards need to be almost identical and pci-e so that u can sli them.

Well the 5 series cards aren't even SLI compatible as is, so no you can't do it. Hmmm I thought that you needed identicle cards, they must have changed it. :)

recon 16 said:
can a nvidia 5600 agp SLI with an nvidia 6600gt agp? please answer quick
mammikoura said:
I've never heard of the 5xxx nVidia cards being pci-e. So they can't ne sli'ed.
Me earlier in the thread said:
and they need to be PCI-e. Besides.... I didnt think the 5xxx nVidias even had Sli provsion?

'nough said! :p

Back
Top Bottom