OCing troubles...from the past...wanting to know what caused it

lhuser

Golden Master
Well, I OCed a lot a while back and when I went to platy UT2004, I got these HUGE lags....Wehn I mean HUGE, I mean it

I OCed my CPU, Memory and video card like...wowtype.

CPU OC: 1333MHZ to 1500MHZ
Memory: CPU+33
Video Card: Original: 250/320 OC: 320/450

Now, It played well for like 5 mins and then, It just freeses for a minute or something. No sounds, no nothing, then It's back OK, and then, it comes back, and so on.

What could be the problem? Bottleneck? Overheat?

Hmmm, well maybe your CPU was OCed to high, try lowering the CPU speed a tadbit and see what happens. Also, try raising the voltage of all you OCed componets, that could help as well as sometimes OCed componets do need a little extra "oomff" to get them going. Although I'm not to experienced with OCing, I've just read a lot about it, and more then half the time lowring the OCed componets speeds or raising the voltages usually solves the problem. :)

I can't raise voltage at all. and I OC the FSB, as it is the only way to OC the CPU

YOu should be able to raise the voltage of one of your componets in your BIOS settings. Weird though. Maybe someone with more knowledge about OCing can help you as mine is rather limited.

I know I can raise them, buit in my BIOs, it's all gray. I'll restart and see if I can REALLY raise it... then reOC everything...

lhuser said:
I know I can raise them, buit in my BIOs, it's all gray. I'll restart and see if I can REALLY raise it... then reOC everything...

uuuh, the bios is locked. :eek: Atleast I think so. :D
Flashing the bios should make u able to raise the voltage.

And as for the original question, it could be overheating. Kinda hard to tell without the temps :D
But taking the clockspeed down a little (on all components) should fix it.

And also u can oc the cpu by raising the multiplier, but the higher the FSB the better.
200 FSB x 10 multiplier = 2000mhz
133 FSB x 15 multiplier = 1995mhz
both give u almost the same clock speed, but the 1st one will perform better because of the higher FSB. Also raising the FSB makes ur memory work faster so when oc'ing alot it might be smart to decrease the ram clock speeds.

Never tried that myself, just heard about it somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom