USB Device not recognised

lhuser

Golden Master
I have that external USB card reader that reads digital camera memory cards and such. Well, each time I connect it, it gives me USB device not recognised.

So, here's what I do:

I plug it in the back. There, it works, but since I use it in front, it whines at me that it's not recognised, blablabla...anyways, I know that there is not a hardwarew issue, BECAUSE it used to work in front, until I switched from XP Lite to MCE2005...

Now, what could be wrong? Do I need updates in Windows? Do I need WHAT? HELP!

Why not just use thr USB port that it recognizes?

But if you don't want to do that then try going to the manufacture's website and try looking under their FAQs and Troubleshooting pages. They should offer you some assistance in figuring out the problem. But ifd that should not work, well then I don't know what to tell you as my experience with USB has never encountered any problems and even then, I seldomly use USB.

I'll be honest 1337, Using the back USB for this guy just makes is a pain...since I use it in fron only.

Second, it gets harder to contact the company as the USB flash card is GENERIC

I know it's not very helpful, but if you can't get it to work then buy an 'extention cord' and plug it in to the rear usb port and over/around your computer then blutack it to the case :p

Back
Top Bottom