Installing a socket...worth it IYO

lhuser

Golden Master
If I ask a professinal to unsolder my CPU and install a S462/A instead THEN install the CPU back, will it be worth thhe money?

If so, is there any risk I am taking

That professional better know what they're doing because one missed or messed up solder and you might as well buy a new motherboard.

lhuser said:
If I ask a professinal to unsolder my CPU and install a S462/A instead THEN install the CPU back, will it be worth thhe money?

If so, is there any risk I am taking

It's worth a try, if that person is a computer engineer. I thought about getting in to that field (even took some classes). It is HARD. You need to understand Digital Logic, electronic basics, etc., etc.

But if he makes an error, than you can expect a big headache coming on. If it was me, no way in hell am I tampering with my motherboard.

alvino said:
That professional better know what they're doing because one missed or messed up solder and you might as well buy a new motherboard.

yea i wouldnt even bother its going to be money you could spend on a new motherboard, which your probably going to need unless this guy is crazy accurate

Back
Top Bottom