AMD 3500+ or 3700

Ok, you need to learn something about CPU's.

A: They don't use drivers.
B: You can overclock ANY processor in any computer THAT ISN'T from the name brands, so you need to get a custom, or build a computer before you can surely overclock it.
C: Overclocking is mostly found and done in the BIOS, just look for "FSB multipliers" and things.
D: Otherwise, you can use overclocking programs. I reccomend ClockGen for easy overclocking.
E: Research as much about overclocking as you wan to before you begin, it can kill your CPU.
F: Make sure you have proper cooling in your system before you attemp a big overclock (pretty much anything over 300MHz). Proper cooling is usually 4 fans, 2 in back, one on CPU, and one on your Power Supply.

Other than that, look in your BIOS for options, and if you can;t find any, download the proper version of nForce for you. I suggest that is your motherboard is from late 2004 and up, it should be an nForce4.

You just took double posting to a whole new level.
Yes, the 3500+ from what I've read and seen seems to be the better out of the two.

I am debating this same issue. I found the 3700 for 12 dollars more than the 3500 and was going to go with that until this all got started..... Big gammer I guess I would call myself. Seriously considering the 3500 now. But for the money difference should I go with the 3700?

If the difference is only 12 dollars. Get the 3700+. If you dont want the 3700+, dont get a 3500+, get a 3200+

Back
Top Bottom