Water cooling... worth it?

The fans that 1337 was talking about look like a good investment and theyre way cheaper. I don't think I need them but I bookmarked them incase I ever do.

Yes, the fans that I'm using are extremely useful when you want to keep your overall PC enviorment much much cooler. I find that you can get the same degrees in your PC enviorment with water cooling as you could with water cooling, only using air is much cheaper then using water. Plus, if you know what to buy you can get some extremly powerful fans, such as that system blower, which has 45 cfm, and that people, is A LOT!!! So the amount of air it's sucking out is quite large, thus lowering the CPU enviorment and helping establish a longer PC lifespan, all at a cheap price, plsu they look cooler in my opinion. :D

These fans will serve good. Also, use as much 80mm fans as you can...unless you hate noise

At least, clean the PC from messy wiring and dust. you should see a difference

A PCs worst enemy, excluding heat, is dust. Dust is quite possibly the most aweful a PC can encounter. I once had a case, some of you have seen it in the Gallery section, and it had no fans, so my PC was very dusty, I took it to a LAN party one time and the owner of the house said, "Man that's a lot of dust, lets clean that out." So we went to the garage and used an air machine, blew sooooo much dust out of there you wouldn't believe! So from that experience alone I know how much dust can slow the CPU down because after all the dust was clear my CPU fan was running anywhere from 2 to 5 percent better, depending on the load it was under. So if you can have fans sucking the air in and then out you should be able to eliminate the dust factor by a large margin.

But here's where water cooling really shines. Since the waterblock is directly over the chip, you'll enoucnter no dust on that chip, and since your cooling device is enclosed inside a tube, that means your cooling devices won't get dust either. To me though, this is the only true benifit of getting water cooling, is the "no-dust" factor. :)

I had that on my PII tower. I cleaned the dust out and I could tell you, I could hve builed a plate with it.

To me, water cooling stuff is only good if you hate noise. And don't expect to have -100C on theCPU...it won't happen. Maybe like 5C-20C

I ordered my water cooling setup (in sig) and i always assumed water/air cooling combined was a waste of time. But i've heard some people say that its worth it to have both. Although then there would be dust entering the sytem, but u could use heavy duty filters on the fans.....im still thinking water cooling is enough by itself.

Well, I don't like water cooling as much, although if I was presented it as a gift or something, I darn sure wouldn't refuse it! :D

Back
Top Bottom