whats the first thing you should install

Sorrym wrong button. is it a new build? are you reformatting? are you installing a new motherboard? tell us everything you are doing

i just built my computer im about to turn on the pc for the first time what disk should i load first the os or motherboard disk

PW

Ahhh..OS disc, make sure the BIOS is set to boot from CD, install OS, restart, then do all the mobo shit. Video cad drivers, game install, etc etc,

also dont plug ur internet in until u get the antivirus on there just to be on the safe side i heard it only takes 4 mins just leaving ur comp there without any protection to get somethin

Yes, first thing is the Windows disc. Then, motherboard drivers (from the included CD or if you already downloaded a new version and copied to a blank CD from another PC). After that, I suggest getting the Norton Antivirus and Firewall up. Then go online and download new video drivers, sound drivers, windows update, Norton Liveupdates, whatever programs you want to use.

yeah, definitly connecting to the internet shouldn't be a priority until you have some kind of protection. but if you have to for some reason just make sure you have the windows firewall turned on and you should be okay.

Back
Top Bottom