Low fps with a 7800GT

Yea i report back, it should come anytime tommrow, was planning on getting it before x-mass but forgot UPS took off saturdays..

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

I was in a forum dedicated souly to BF2/SF, and a guy with a 4400+ X2, 2MB RAM, dual SATAs, and 7800GTXs in SLI has the SAME problem as you. And if this guy is getting the problem, then, well it's not you card or your powersupply! In the forum we came to the conclusion that it's the 1.12 patch for BF2/SF. It seems as though everyone is getting this problem.

Naaa his problem is his dual core CPU, at least thats what i think from your post. Alot of ppl are seeing low frmaerates and slowing down and speeding up of game play becuase of the duel cores. Also im not running the 1.12 patch :(

**Also can u provide a link to this forum please im curious to see wat eles they say :p)

UPDATE ALSO, it is my PSU i unhooked 2 fans and it ran great i'd say 70-80 FPS arg with all max, and my 3dmark05 jumped about 300!!! well looks like it will be fixed tommrow when i get my new PSU, thanks for the help 1337dud3!

yeah the new patch kinda slows it down.
But aslongs as u can play it maxed out with 60+ FPS there shouldn't be any problems. :)

Yea it seems to be working well with the fansplugged (get a lil hot 50C) so im not going to be gaming much untill that PSU comes today!

Osak said:
Well see its not stuttering (Sig is out of date got 1512RAM) but just my constant FPS is low :( Im thinking maybe the GPU is clocking itself down becuase it cant get enought power from my PSU

You need to change it from 2D to 3D, duh. 2D is for web surfing, that's what the card prolly came on stock, it automaticly lowers the clock speeds so it doesn't proveide useless heat from running at deafult 3D speeds.

I dunno how you change that in the nVidia drivers though, just search around for 2D and 3D in your options.

Naaa its in 3D and when i say low framee rates i mean in the 50's so there still good jusst not as good as they should be for a 7800GT.

Osak said:
Naaa its in 3D and when i say low framee rates i mean in the 50's so there still good jusst not as good as they should be for a 7800GT.

Then you need to google it or try looking and seeing if you have AA or AF on. But then again, even my x800 GTO (which is still a top of the line card) gets 100 or 150 with AA and AF at max in Half life 2 and Counter-Strike Source and BattleField 2, at max res. Iono, maybe your card is just cheap?? I doubt it though, it's a 7800. Try googling it.

Back
Top Bottom