free IP tracking s/w

ron227

Beta member
I am getting anonymous emails and it's getting annoying. It's not spam because it's someone who knows me. how can i find out their IP address?
any free ip tracking s/w? Is there any other way I can find out who it is?

if you are using outlook express right click on the message then click on details... then look at the recieved from then get the ip... then go to http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm
also this will show where the isp is located not his house... so you will prolly have to go to a couple of peoples houses and get on there computer and go to www.whatismyip.com and then see if it matches up...
or you can tracert it to do this go to start then run then type CMD then type

tracert xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
(replace the x's with the ip)
look toward the bottom and you can see what there ISP is it should list a server name and like it may say sprint or earthlink or one of those... and then if you know the friend who has that ISP then you will know who it is...

here is a picture about where the ip is...

***NOTE TO MODS***
yes that is the ip for CF but anyone can see it so dont get mad at me

no you have to use the pop access...and outlook express that is the only way to see that i know of...

and know it is not illegal anybody can do it. if you send me a message i can see your ip... so no it is not illegal

p.s.-i have gmail, so i just used Outlook Express

recon 16 said:
no you have to use the pop access...and outlook express that is the only way to see that i know of...

and know it is not illegal anybody can do it. if you send me a message i can see your ip... so no it is not illegal

p.s.-i have gmail, so i just used Outlook Express

Oh bugga i need to do this to test something out, and dont really like to use outlook for what i want to test, actually ill make a thread about it,

And yeah i relise it not illegal per say but i just dont want to get into far, coz of mods might see it diffrently that all...

Thanks recon

no problem it really is a problem b/c my dad sent me an email and i got his ip and had instant access to his server and if i had took the time to go in i could have trashed or manipulated many important bussiness papers, but since he had not pissed me off and he is my main sourch of $$$ i decided not to do it

:)

very interesting, didn't even know that outlook express can do that, and as far as CF's ip being in that post..it's cool.

David, at one time had the ip posted in his sig if i recall..

Back
Top Bottom