Windowing Applications

Jamxx

Fully Optimized
Hey guys.

Just a quick question.

I got a new widescreen (14") laptop for Christmas and I've installed a few games on it (Unreal Tournament 2004, Project: Snowblind, and GuildWars) and I need to know how to make full-screen applications windowed without an option in the settings of it. I've successfully gotten Unreal Tournament to run in a widescreen format by hacking into the configuration file and changing one of the display resolution options to the resolution I have since it was not there intially. The pictures are a bit stretched but everything else looks pretty good. GuildWars has an option for widescreen, so I just used that. Now, Project: Snowblind does not have an option for widescreen and I cannot hack into the configuration file here (since it is embedded in a packed file in the game) so I need to know how to make windowed applications so that it will run in the correct aspect ratio.

I know there's a shortcut key in windows to it, but I can't find it on the Internet and I figured one of you guys could tell me. :D

Thanks a bunch! (And all of these games will run smoothly on my laptop, but GuildWars has to have a bunch of stuff turned down... but hey, it still runs well! :D)

Er... No, that doesn't work. Enter is an accept key in the game, and it recognizes that, and it doesn't window it. I believe it is some combination of keys involving an Fx/Fxx key (i.e. F6, F11, etc.).

Well, this does not seem to work either. This is really strange! I wonder if there's a way I can change the resolutions that it displays in the setup. It has a weird setup; you have to run a separate file to change the graphics setup options and you can't do it in game. You can change a few settings in game but no graphics ones.

I just found out that I do not think it is possible to window some games, because that function has to be physically coded into the game for it to recognize it. Also, Project: Snowblind does not support custom resolutions; someone even tried to hack into the registry key to edit that and it still gave him an error when he tried to play it at the new resolution. Oh well, I guess I'll have to run it full-screen. The benefit of that is that Lt. Nathan Frost will be fatter than ever before! Muahahahahaha! :D :D

(Lt. Nathan Frost is the main character of the game, for the record, and all the other characters and objects (and everything, actually) will be fat. At least it is an amusing inconvenience... :D)

Thanks for the input anyways! ;)

Back
Top Bottom