ipod mp4...is something wrong with mine?

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
hmm...i ripped malibus most wanted (1hr:26min) and family guy stuwie griffin the untold story (1hr:28min), at the same settings and they both topped out at about 200MB+/- by maybe 20MB. I then used Xilisoft iPod Video Converter, then converted them to the iPod video format. The file size almost tripled! Is there something wrong here?

I heard from iLounge that if you use QuickTime 7 Pro, it can take some 3 days for a 2.5hr movie. You might as well just go and buy a portable dvd player! But can someone help...it would be nice to save some kind of space.

and tomorrow, I am planning on redoing my whole computer (restore disc to ME then to XP PRO SP2, and all my songs/videos/pictures are on the hard drive. After I am done putting all my programs and stuff on and I want to use iTunes, will it delete the files on my iPod. I heard that it will unless you press CTRL+SHIFT.

1. what did you use to rip the dvd (if it was a dvd). 200MB isnt very bad for a quality video.

2. use videora's ipod video converter ( i dont no if its the same thing but its what i use and it works really weel)

3. What is the bitrate of the videos you ripped to your computer and what bitrate are you converting the videos to?

I used Xilisoft DVD Ripper. It converted the video to AVI to about 200MB or a little more. Hmm...I think the bitrates were maybe 520? I'll check some time. The frame rate was 25 I think. But I don't know why when I converted them to MP4, the file size almost tripled.

did you have a larger bitrate when you converted them to .mp4 then the 520 kbs?\s you got when you ripped them to your computer? cause if you did i think that would cause an increase in size but wouldnt have any effect on actual quality.

use videoras ipod video converter (google it), it lets you choose the bitrate to convert to before converting. just keep the bitrate the same and see how large the file is, or if its still to big, lower the bitrate and reconvert until you find a bitrate that produces small enough files but still looks good

I tried a DVD to iPod converter and it ripped a longer movie (1hr44min) that was a less file size than any of the other, but the quality looked the same. The bitrate was 320. I guess i'll just convert some of my other videos to 320 from 520.

Back
Top Bottom