Ram.

Insunna

In Runtime
When adding Ram to your computer, does it matter weather or not you use the same brand? Could you get away with using a different brand? Does it really matter?

It is recommended you use the exact same make and model of RAM, but the RAM must match in speed above anything else and motherboard must support it too.

Another question. Im going to be upgrading soon, but to what extent i don't know. (My comps not old, or a pos) I just want to upgrade my RAM and V-Card. In regard to the Ram. I was thinking of getting 2 512 sticks. (My comp only has 2 ports for Ram.) But should i buy 1 stick of 1gig? Im not sure if i would ever upgrade again at a later date. Does this matter using 1stick instead of 2? Or just makes me have to pay less next time i upgrade to get my 2nd gig? Any brands recomended?

As for the speed.. You mean the bus speed?

Uuumm..ide think of two options.

1. Get a new mobo, with four slots, or three, and get 3 or 4 512mb sticks, 2. or get two 1gb sticks for the mobo you have at the moment. What is your budget

I save, so it doesn't really matter. This isn't going to be an impulse buy. I try to do my research, and find out all the info i can. However, i would much rather not buy a new mobo, my comp is maybe 6 months old at the max. And everything works fine.. Why mess with something if it's not broke?

dual channel 2x512's are better than 1x 1gig.. but you need to make sure that your mobo can support those.

And recomended brand?

Heard Kingston was good, but this is first time i've been in the market for RAM.

Back
Top Bottom