My build..

All motherboards that I have seen (besides the Asus one I pointed out) use a combined total of 16x in SLi mode (8x running on each PCI-e x16 port). If you do get an SLi motherboard and just plan to use one video card for now, it will run at 16x. That should be stock setting for one video card. If not, the manual has deeper info on how to set it.

The Asus one is full 16x each channel even when you have two video cards in there. That means a potential 32x combined total.

So it's dividing the power between the two, so 16 would be 8 and 8 but the asus would come out to be 32. I got it. Would that show a big inscrease? And would a manual or something tell you how to set it up? I mean you still only plug into one of the cards right?

Yeah. But the Asus one is 16 and 16 for total of 32x instead of the 8 and 8 totalling 16x like all other SLI or non-SLi motherboards today. Yes, the manual will tell you how to set it up. You can choose to have one card in there now and add another one later or just leave it as a single video card for life if you wish. Single cards will run at max. 16x while dual video cards should run at a theoritical 32x. Logic tells me the performance should be good, but I don't have first hand experience with this. I wish I did though.

Alright, I'm back. Still about the mobo. After reading reviews on the fatal1ty, doesn't seem all that good. Don't think I need something as nice as the Asus just yet. So I think I'm going to go with DFI. Don't know what to choose though. Sometimes I compare them, and at the bottom it talks about the easy overclocking solution, and the other one is a blank space, if any of ou get what I'm saying. I just need an AMD, 10/100/1000mbps, if not dual.. and, can't think of anything else. SLI too..

Back
Top Bottom