vid card or personal comp

GreatHype

Daemon Poster
Ok as most of you don't know I share a computer with my sister and it is a hassle all the time. She's on it at all the wrong times esspecially when I'm trying to make it faster. She doesn't know anything about computer except that she can talk to people on it and go on xangas and download every picture she sees. I am sick of it all. So I decided it all goes down to 2 things....an eVGA 7800GT vid card vid card (still sharing but sweet games) OR my own computer with ATI radeon x200 vid card (not sharing but no good games). Tell me what you think but somethings gotta happen within the next 2 weeks.

Well, why don't you try to find a way to get a few extra bucks around so you can get a little better video card for yourself, but I'd probably say that it'd be better to get your own computer. I don't have any siblings myself, but my good friend does and often I'll call him up asking to play Unreal Tournament 2004 online, and he'll say, "I can't, [insert sibling's name here] is on it. Maybe later." And there's nothing he can do about it, really. He's the only person who usually doesn't use the computer for some sort of school/work (not to say he's not in school, but he's the only one that plays games and stuff). So, I would either save up a little more money for a better video card for yourself, or get the absolute worst one available until you can get a better one. I agree, it'll be more annoying waiting, but in the long run I'll bet you won't regret it.

wait so are you saying to get not greatest vid card but one that will do ok and get the computer? If your are it sounds ok but I'm not the one to spend money on stuff I know I wont be using soon.

I'm saying:

1) Save up more money, get a new computer, and get a new, good videocard.
OR
2) Buy your own computer, get an absolutely deplorable video card (just so it works, no games now) and then save up more money over time and get an awesome video card. If you have, say, a spare Radeon 7000 or GeForce MX400 or something like that, stick that in there for a while. However, I'm sure you'll be going PCI-Express, so you'll have to find the cheapest PCI-Express video card to run. I wouldn't spend over 30 bucks, myself, and then I'd just wait until I could get a good one. Or a motherboard with onboard video, but that'd be hard to come by.

Hope this is readable... It sounded confusing as I was typing it. :D

the wait shall be long.....but I think I'll get the vid card now and wait till bestbuy gets more comps in stock then I'll go buy the computer. I gotta get on the gaming band wagon now before its too late.

plus I always have the excuse that I can tell my sister I'm fixing the computer while I am actually playing FEAR or something. My sister is so clueless.

Back
Top Bottom