My internet shocked me today

meanpeoplesuck

Baseband Member
I am on a wireless network, I of course, am not the lucky individual who gets the modem directly connected. I had a chance today to use the modem, and I did. I played CS and I connected to servers in seconds, rather then minutes. My ping was 15! But normally I get around 100-150ms. The problem is that the router is in the basement while I am on second floor. I want to have that high speed again, I was downloading at 700kb/s!!!!

So I want to buy a network card, or something to help me get me my broadband connection. I'm willing to spend up to $100. Of course, running the wires through my house is an option, not a good one though.

Damn man... 700kbps... I would use that to download movies like a ***... Why running the wires through your house isn't a good option?

Luiz396 said:
Why running the wires through your house isn't a good option?
Why not run the line outside like threw basement window then up the side of the house to ur window (ofcourse drill a hole in the wood bottom part the window closes on, and put some rubber cement or something to clog it so there is no air comming threw). You could shove the line up the corner sideing piece (shove it under, till its up to ur window). Lol i'm just saying this becuase thats kinda what i had to do.

Second option: buy a new modem just for ur room

get the new d-link router that is 108 mbps
and the wireless pci card that is also 108 mbps

i have it and it is the same as having the modem connected right to the computer

Back
Top Bottom