good computer for around 1000

alexmuhlbach133

Beta member
I'm looking to buy a new computer. I need to get the best deal possible with the best performance. I want a really good computer for gaming and just to have a fast machine but the lack of cash is holding me back. I thought about just building one myself for cheaper but when i came to calculating everything it was about the same so im not even ganna bother with building one. If any of you have any suggestions for good computers that would be cool. Or if any of you have seen parts for almost dirt cheap such as this one website i found had a gig of ram for 60 dollars which is the cheapest i have seen. Any help would be cool because i can buy more ram later but for now Im just looking for a pc i can get for 1000$. thanks

ya i was looking at a sony vio for 999 it seemed alright but i want better! haha and ya all of those u can custamize but i looked at all those sites dell was alright to but idk i guess i could always buy more ram and a better graphics card later but why cant they have anything good :( so for now i just want the fastest cpu i forgot to mention that all the other stuff is easyer to add on later like ram and graphics but a new mother board and cpu...ur better off to buy a new computer.

also why cant all those major brands of pc's have amd they are so much better but most comps use intel e machines is about the only pc maker that uses amd default. Maybe thats what should get a e machine with the best amd chip like a 64 bit x2 3500+ and worry about getting more ram and a good graphics card later what do u think? just post anything, pretend i gave you 1000 dollars to spend but you had to but a new pc what would you do?

Well, I agree with what the guy above said: custom is cheaper. And, you learn all about computers and hard ware and what makes them work, which makes them a lot easier to troubleshoot along the way. And, when you go custom, you don't have to get everything at once. What I mean by that is that you could get only 512 megabytes of RAM now, and then upgrade to 1.5 gigabytes of RAM later on. I don't mean it like you don't have to get a video card now; haha, you'll need one of those to run your machine!

And customizing computers is sometimes the best way to get what you want, but usually you won't get as good of a deal as you would if you bought a pre-made computer because of rebates and such.

Bottom line: build your computer! You won't regret it! :D

ya i wanted to build one and was in the process but like i said when i went to add everything up even with not that good of parts it came up to be over 1000 and i just cant spend that much but i think i will just get and e machine for they have amd cpu's then i will upgrade everything later. Thanks.

Tell us exactly what you wanna do. What your looking at now. CUSTOM WISE. Man, dont go eMachines, i mean they suck, everything in it is budget except for the processor. And when they say they have like 512mb ram, well you do, though 128mb of it, is video ram.

I got an emachines for about 650 bucks it was a pretty good deal. The parts are listed below and I plan on getting a graphics card for 300 bucks so thats only 950 bucks in all. Providing that you already have a monitor though.

Go with a custom Dell PC. Very affordable and they are the number one PC manufacturer/retailer in the world. Got that info from my business class.

definately build yourself i am building a 64bit with 2 gig 120 gig SATA for like 800 bucks

Back
Top Bottom