The New what did you get for christmas???

Status
Not open for further replies.
got wirless mouse and keyboard. 7800gtx 512 only one got the other one myself. some clothes money snowboard bindings some new gloves and a new jacket.

I got a thermaltake silent psu, 420W, the logitech 350 gaming headset, a starbucks gift card for $50, and some money (around $200).

I got 2 D-Link DWL-G510 wireless network cards. More trouble than they're worth.
Got them to work one time then the connection dropped out and I have spent the last 3 days trying to get them to work again. No joy.
Bah fracking humbug.

draconum said:
Err... ipods dont suck, they hold more songs then anything else on the market. Plus they sound fine, it's ually the earphones/headphones that sound bad.

Chris

actually, they sound like crap even on bose headphones! hell my sony mp3 THOMPED!!!! my sony thomps on any pair of headphones included earebuds or my sony studio headphones!

I love my mp3 player

and also sony's navagation for menus is alot better then the ipods. specially their hard drive player ( my sony is flash based)

I dont like teh controls on ipods since they are too sensivite, confusingly button duplicate controlled (one button does 2 or more things and each buttom does different things depending what menu youre on) and creatives have sensitive touch scrolls that are kinda awkward IMO.

I think sony is the best so far as sound and ergonomics and ease of use are concerned.

also my player uses ATRAC3 (mp3 is also usable) can compress a music file into half size but equal quality of its mp3 counterpart.

EX: an ATRAC3 file @ 66Kbps can sound as good as 128 Kpbs mp3 file. so I can hold , 520 songs @ 66kbps instead of only 250 @ mp3 @ 128Kpbs!!!

I also have excellent battery life and it can last 50 hours on a single AAA battery!

the creative zen nano only lasts 18-20 on single AAA.

and the ipod shuffle doesnt have a screen so it dont count its just another gadget for apple fans to have as part of their "collection"

also youre paying for a name when you buy apple. they are veyr highly priced. they're jacked up alot! hell tehy charge 250 for a 4GB nano when yo can get a creative 5GB for 179!!! also you can get a protable media center for that purpose of watching video for just 20 dollars more and get way more functions, space, etc!

apples are unecomomical, unnafordable for the masses, and have that kitch n00b factor to them. also itunes is a drag to use, takes up alot of processor power, etc

also youve gotta remember how thier computers are. overpriced and overhyped. they claim they have 128 bit technology, but it really dont exist.

hell it took them 23 years to have right click by defualt!

people just buy macs since they see them doing amazing things in the movies and thier favorite celebs use them. ha ! the movies are fake ppl!

athlon64fx said:
actually, they sound like crap even on bose headphones! hell my sony mp3 THOMPED!!!! my sony thomps on any pair of headphones included earebuds or my sony studio headphones!

I love my mp3 player

and also sony's navagation for menus is alot better then the ipods. specially their hard drive player ( my sony is flash based)

I dont like teh controls on ipods since they are too sensivite, confusingly button duplicate controlled (one button does 2 or more things and each buttom does different things depending what menu youre on) and creatives have sensitive touch scrolls that are kinda awkward IMO.

I think sony is the best so far as sound and ergonomics and ease of use are concerned.

also my player uses ATRAC3 (mp3 is also usable) can compress a music file into half size but equal quality of its mp3 counterpart.

EX: an ATRAC3 file @ 66Kbps can sound as good as 128 Kpbs mp3 file. so I can hold , 520 songs @ 66kbps instead of only 250 @ mp3 @ 128Kpbs!!!

I also have excellent battery life and it can last 50 hours on a single AAA battery!

the creative zen nano only lasts 18-20 on single AAA.

and the ipod shuffle doesnt have a screen so it dont count its just another gadget for apple fans to have as part of their "collection"

also youre paying for a name when you buy apple. they are veyr highly priced. they're jacked up alot! hell tehy charge 250 for a 4GB nano when yo can get a creative 5GB for 179!!! also you can get a protable media center for that purpose of watching video for just 20 dollars more and get way more functions, space, etc!

apples are unecomomical, unnafordable for the masses, and have that kitch n00b factor to them. also itunes is a drag to use, takes up alot of processor power, etc

also youve gotta remember how thier computers are. overpriced and overhyped. they claim they have 128 bit technology, but it really dont exist.

hell it took them 23 years to have right click by defualt!

people just buy macs since they see them doing amazing things in the movies and thier favorite celebs use them. ha ! the movies are fake ppl!

Well, you clearly have something against apple, so I wont go any more into it. But just to let you know, they'res millions of people that will dissagree with some of what you've said.

Chris

I got:

1 Asus extreme N6800GT
1 80 GB Western Digital SATA drive to compliment my own
1 dvd drive
logitech mouse
keyboard
surround
and enough money to buy my water cooling system!!!! :D

I got $60 bucks. $20 is from my monthly allowance too. :mad:

Oh well...it'll go to my money envelope where I'm saving up for my Creative Zen Vision. It owns the iPod Video and it's wimpy format support. :D

Zen_Oblique.jpg

Feature

Specifications
Hard Drive Capacity: 30GB
Dimensions: 124.2 x 74.4 x 20.1mm
Display: 3.7" TFT LCD (640x480 pixels, 262,144 colors for video playback)
Casing: Magnesium Alloy
Weight: 239g (with battery)
Battery Life:

* Up to 13 hours continuous audio playback (Based on MP3/128kbps)
* Up to 4.5 hours continuous video playback (Based MPEG4-SP/500 kbps)

Video Playback Formats: AVI, MPEG-1/2/4-SP, Windows Mediaâ„¢ Video (WMV) 9, Motion-JPEG, DivXâ„¢2 4 and 5 and XviD3
Audio Playback Formats: MP3 (Up to 320 kbps), WMA (Up to 320 kbps), WMA with Digital Rights Management (DRM) 9 or later and Linear PCM WAV
Photo formats supported : JPEG
Battery Removable Rechargeable Li-ion battery
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: Up to 97dB
Harmonic Distortion Output: <0.1%
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
Audio Output: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack, built-in speaker
Video Output: Composite TV-Out; supports NTSC and PAL systems
Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed4
Card Slot: Compact Flash Card Type I & II
PIM: Syncs with Microsoft Outlook® Contacts, Calendar & Tasks

Yes, for $350-$400, you get this awesome beauty that actually supports the formats that MATTER. Mmmm...I'm still $154 from owning this sexy beast...heheh...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom