Im not bragging, id really like to know.

allenn812

Daemon Poster
Ok, i know none of you will belive me about this. Ok, how am i able to play doom 3 at ultra settings 1024x768 with no lag whats so ever. And FEAR at max setting s at 1024x768 were the lowest FPS i get is 25?, but averages over 40? I have a 6800 128mb, gig of RAM, and a athlon xp 2800+barton. I thought id get like 1-2 fps with max settings on both of the games.

i doubt you can play doom3 at Ultra settings. That takes 512MB of video card memory. The 6800 is not a bad card whatsoever.

is the 6800 overclocked? well ownage my 6600gt played doom 3 @ high settings with very little lag and 1024x768. so i can only think that he may be correct and im usnig shitty ram

Yes it is, the pipelines and vertex shaders are unlocked, and its overclocked from the stock 325/600 to 400/750. But i double checked since you said its impossible, and your right, i forgot that you have to reset the game for it changes to take affect, so i was getting an average of 25 FPS. Which sucks. But FEAR doesnt make you, so how am i able to run fear at such high settings?

ownage said:
i doubt you can play doom3 at Ultra settings. That takes 512MB of video card memory. The 6800 is not a bad card whatsoever.

Are you sure? So you are saying a gtx couldn't play that game on ultra? I don't really believe that.

It would be pretty hard to believe that the gtx 256mb one could'nt run fear on ultra, thats a bit of nonsense right there. I'm pretty sure it would be able todo that with ease, and I'd ber very suprised if it couldn't.

Chris

yea seems kinda strange to me too. im running two gtx 512s and i can run it on ultra and stuff but i dont know about u. i can get good fps on fear but according to u my card would run the game like a god.

Back
Top Bottom