Videocard upgrade.

Looks like you got a good amount of RAM and a nice processor to go with it. Everything should be fine and dandy once the video card gets upgraded. That's one of the main bottlenecks in a good system.

This is probably the last upgrade you can do. After that, you will need an overhaul to get new technology integrated in there. New motherboard with PCI-express support, better CPU, dual channel memory, perhaps even dual core processors, high performance X-Fi sound card, etc.

Yep, you so read my mind, I plan this upgrade and work with it for a year or so, and build a new one and give this to my younger brother to do his hw and such on.
Thanksalot

Khoeun

No problem. If you need suggestions on what components to get for a new build, just post it in this forum and we will all pitch in for plenty of suggestions. Today is slow because of Christmas. We usualy get a lot of traffic in here at this time.

They're like the exact same card. Funny. One's retail and the other one is OEM meaning that it doesn't come with all the nice software and pretty packaging, that's it. Get the OEM one, it's cheaper. You don't need all that stuff from the retail side. Good thing you found that. Saved quite a few dollars there.

how much more is the x800GTO2? because that can overclock to x850xt pe speeds while the X800GTO cannot. didnt the 6800GS AGP version come out yet???

I don't know if the GTO2 comes in AGP version though, that's why I linked him to the regular GTO card. The 6800GS should be out by now. I have no clue what the hold up is.

Thanks man [<- iono how many times i said that now hah] but yeah.. if u say so kool.. and I am not looking to overclock [or to get a vidcard that is easy to O/C] anyway ya know i just want a good one that is an upgrade to my stock one at around $200..
Thanks yall

Khoeun

Back
Top Bottom