Videocard upgrade.

kadaw

Baseband Member
hey everybody. Hope everybodys having a great Xmas.

Ok so I am wounder what would be an upgrade from my stock videocard that came in my 2-3years old sony vaio desktop.

card3pm.jpg

I been playing CS:S and i can play it on high*, no problem. but I want to beable to play F.E.A.R on high. As I am more of a Gamer but a computer noob,'if that makes sense', is that I dont even know what to look for, or what is even better then mine. So I asking for help as I got a limit of aout $200 for this upgrade, and I dont even know where to start hah, been searching, and geting all confused on Hz, pipelines.. so its really up to anyone of you guys where i should start looking.

o Everything else about my system is in my sig. my friend told me its all good, its just my videocard. is he right? would i really need to upgrade anything else???....
Thanks,
Khoeun

You can play CS:S on high wit hthat 9200, wow, what resolution is that at, and are you using aa and af?

BigLu: yes, everything set at high*, ave about 25-30fps which is good for me, res at 1280x768 widescreen on my WestingHouse LCD, and I dont even know what aa or af is that you are reffering too haha . thats y i need help.

Thanks TRDCorolla, Ill will take a look at that, anyone else... not in a rush, but just looking for help.

Thanks
Khoeun

YOur welcome. It's a pretty nice one for using an AGP slot on your motherboard. You should have no problems playing any of your games at all with this baby.

Can I still use Dual monitor setup with that card. as I do now???

Again, Im a real noob. So sorrie if any of my q's are stupid, Ive only got this far from help of friends.

khoeun

You should be able to using the ATi software. It's got multiple ports on the back:

14-102-615-01.JPG

I'm not use to using ATi cards because I've always used Nvidia graphic cards my whole life. I know by going into display properties (right click on dekstop and select properties), there are settings you can play with for dual monitor setup.

Wait for more opinions though. I always like recieving reviews before buying anything. That way, you can see from our ideas if this is really the one for you.

It's nice too because not all monitors support the new DVI interface yet (the white graphics port you see in that picture). It comes with a DVI-VGA adapter for the traditional monitor hookups.

O yeah, Like i said no rush, and yes i know that, my widescreen has a Dvi connection, and my dell lcd is vga, i have dual setup now, was woundering if i can still do it upgrading to this card. thanksalot man, anyonelse, or do u have anymore options/opnion TRD?..

Back
Top Bottom