My friends new video card.

dewdman101

Baseband Member
Hi everyone, im back again. My friend just got a new ATI Radeon 9250 for christmas, i went to his house and installed everything and what not. well when i rebooted the first time, i plugged the monitor into the new video card and it booted until i got to the windows logon screen then it shut off, so i plugged it in to the onboard videocard and it worked well i did some configuring and stuff and i tried it again, well the same thing happened. i have no idea what to do.

thanks,
cody

Ok, my friend went into the Bios(Revision 3.12) and he saw
A subtitle labled "advanced." He went under there and he saw:
something called "onboard 1394" what is this?
primary Primary video adapter (AGP or PCI)(its a pci card so we turned it to pci) and when he gets to the windows logon screen its restarts again, what should i do now? or is there anything specific i should turn on/off toget it working?

dewdman101 said:
Hi everyone, im back again. My friend just got a new ATI Radeon 9250 for christmas, i went to his house and installed everything and what not. well when i rebooted the first time, i plugged the monitor into the new video card and it booted until i got to the windows logon screen then it shut off, so i plugged it in to the onboard videocard and it worked well i did some configuring and stuff and i tried it again, well the same thing happened. i have no idea what to do.

thanks,
cody

Did the COMPUTER turn off, or the MONITOR?

If it was the monitor, make sure your monitor isn't messed up, then make sure your graphics card is PLUGGED in. If that doesn't work, get into the bios, and make sure it's ONLY using your graphics card.

the 1394 is onboard firewire plugings.. plug int he graphics card and while booting up hold down f8 and see if you can get into safe mode.. could be a driver problems (since there are no drivers isntalled yet) or a resolution problem. regardless of the settingsin bios you should be able to atleast post windows.

Back
Top Bottom