Best Wireless Router??? URgent, wanna order it right away!

coolguy1

Baseband Member
Which is the BEST wireless router??? I had one NEtgear before, it was very good. So i finalised two of them now, one is 54 Mbps and other is 108 Mbps, which is better, i want a reply soon, Thanks guyz!

Netgear, D-Link, and Linksys are the 3 most highly recommended makers of wireless routers. I have a Linksys wireless router myself and it works tons better than my D-Link I had previously. I guess it's because I messed with the firmware and could never get it going again. But by all means, it was error on my part that screwed up the D-Link router. I did the same thing with the Linksys for the hell of it and still ticking.

there are actually lots of diff routers i saw one a while ago that prevents lag so its really good for gaming, what are u gona be doing with it?

Is this good one??

Netgear Wireless-G Travel Router
Wireless 802.11g technology
Up to 54Mbps - 5x faster than 802.11b.

TRDCorolla said:
Yes, looks good to me. Wireless-G uses the new faster protocol.

Thanks, but is the Travel router better to use at home??? or the regular Netgear broadband Router is better???

what to choose in between this 2?

Netgear Wireless-G Travel Router
Wireless 802.11g technology
Up to 54Mbps - 5x faster than 802.11b
Convenient, pocket-sized connectivity when you're on the road

and

Netgear WGR614 802.11g Wireless Router
-Powerful WEP encryption (40/64- or 128-bit), MAC address control, and parental controls
-Compatible with Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP, Mac OS, NetWare, UNIX, or Linux
-Compatible with 802.11g and 802.11b networking devices
-Delivers 10/100 Mbps (auto-sensing) WAN and LAN connections and interoperability with 54 Mbps (802.11g) and 11 Mbps (802.11b) devices over a 2.4 GHz band wireless network
-Automatically detects and configures your ISP type, Exposed Host (DMZ), MAC address authentication, URL content filtering, logs, and e-mail alerts of Internet activity

Back
Top Bottom