something is really wrong with ie6/7!!!!!

Making Firefox Run Faster:
  • In your address bar type in "about:config" without the "s

• Scroll down on the list it gives and find
    "browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs"
    Double click on it making sure its value is set to true.

• Then move on to find
    "network.http.pipelining"
    Double click on it making sure its value is set to true as well.

• Finally locate
    "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" which should be just below.
    Change its value from 4 to 100.

And about fixing Internet explorer, Best I can say is scan for malware. There are so many programs that exploit and mess up Internet Explorer it's not even funny. You could either do that or wait for a patch if thats the problem.

Edit: BTW, I wrote those instructions from memory. I am pretty certain they are correct but if anyone finds a mistake please correct me.

Those notes/suggestions are correct Paradox. I've used them many times so I know that that's true.

Also, in Firefox, will it get faster if you go beyond 100? I had it at 500 once, I didn't really notice a significant difference because at the time I was using the 500 packet thign I was desperate for speed because I was using Dial Up. But since getting high speed DSL, I lowered it to 100. Hmmm I think when I get home I'll change it to 500 and see if it changes it.

Also, another cool thing about Mozilla is Tabbed Browsing. Which basically allows "tabs" in the Browser window. Instead of your conventional open a new window to view a new page. It makes it VERY VERY VERY useful when you're multitasking. Trust me. I was listening to music, had conversations up, had CF up, and Mozilla and was Browsing about 5 sites at one time. If I didn't have tabbed browsing my desktop would be a mess!

So just take everyone's advice, switch to Mozilla Firefox and experience something new besides the "default" browser! :)

Internet Explorer 6 isn't THAT bad. Even though it has it's bugs and holes, Firefox does too. Oh also, Firefox doesn't handle Macromedia Flash as well as Internet Explorer 6. Just so you guys know. :)

On a side note, Microsoft has delayed Internet Explorer 7 to the beginning of 2006, which should be early to late January.

I don't have firefox, I have Mozilla 1.2.1. I think its the same thing, but where I have to go to the about:config thing, I can't change anything; I double click something and nothing gets changed.

Well I'm trying out the packet request from 100 to 500. I'll update in a few hours to see if I notice any difference. :)

Back
Top Bottom