Water cooling.

TreeHugger

In Runtime
I've decided to get water cooling on my system. I'v ebeen looking around and only found good ones by danger den and the big water one by thermaltake, what can a liquid cooling system cool? and what is a good liquid cooling system
-i know it can cool the gpu if u have a gpu block
-i know it can cool the cpu
chipset?
hdd?
ram?
????
what can these cool? and what are the partsdo i need.
So i am going over to a friends house to get a run through on his system.
Don't want to spend more than .......500.

watercooling systems can cool the cpu, gpu, chipset and the hard drive i think not so sure about the hard drive but i kinda remember seeing something like that somewhere and it cant cool the ram, the only parts u need is a kit then just get individual blocks after that like a gpu block and a chipset block, i wouldnt bother cooling the hard drive cause it doesnt need it and u might need some extra hoses but thats it

any particular brands that are good for this, and which coolant seems to work the best i've been looking at some uv non-conductive stuff.

koolance makes one that cools the ram and thermaltake makes watercooler block for hte harddrive. pretty much anything that produces heat.

i would actually find that kinda pointless thought to have watercooling and a fan on top being it wouldnt do anything. the only way water can be cooled is if it goes trhough the radiator which seperates the water into smaller amounts then cools it so its faster. if u had a fan on top it wouldnt really do much since its in such large amount of heat.

mmmmk i figured this much, i went to my friends house i understand it completely, the do's and donts i think im gonna get thermaltake big water se.

i have that watercooling kit on my regular pc. its ok but i dont think it does that great job of cooling. i mean it might lower temps but i think its equivalent to a good air cooling system.

well i have a pretty good air cooling sytem, which im gonna combine with the liquid cooling....:D i order it. It wasn't cheap it will make a merry christmas for me.

Back
Top Bottom