Dual Socket 939

sparkytrrp

Solid State Member
Hello,
I was wondering if its possible to have 2 Different CPU's

AMD X2 4200 and an AMD 3500+ on the same board, or do you have to have the same CPU's?

I am Rebuilding my comp after an unfortunate situation, and i am looking at a Dual socket 939 mobo and hoping i could use both CPU's, somehow i doubt it tho..

-Sparky

So far i have seen about 2 mobo's

One was an ASRock K or sumthing, and the other i dont know, Both Saying Dual Socket 939.

Perhaps im confuzzled, but i hope not ^_^

If I am mistaken, then i guess I will just get some Opterons instead.

-Sparky

i've never heard of dual socket 939 myself...doesnt mean they dont exsist though. i dont think opterons are good for gaming for some reason. why not just get a single cpu 939 mobo with a fx-57? or a dual core skt 939 cpu

Well since i toasted my 7800 GTX and my A8N SLI delux, i have an AMD x2 4200 and some parts sitting around, and i am thinking of just taking both computers of mine down to bare parts, and just build one really good machine.

I would really love to have both my current CPU's in one machien, or i will just go buy another 4200 and stick it in a Dual Socket 939.

As for the fx-57. I am not interested in it, i would prefer to wait for the SUpposed FX 60's that i heard are dual core also. Anyone know much about them?

-Sparky

Dual 939 hmmm really not sure..another option is ofcorse ebay then a single 4800+
treehugger must say your system is "mostbon" how much was the build?

Nope. Only Opterons are able to support multiple processors on a single motherboard. The Athlon 64 series (X2 and FX fall under that category) are designed for uniprocessor motherboards.

I posted a similar thread regarding Dual Socket motherboards. It's a JetWay motherboard that has Socket 754, for your Athelon 64 CPU, and Socket 939, for your X2 CPU. Although no one is forcertain if you can run both CPUs at the same time.

You can't. You can only run one processor at a time. The Athlon 64 architecture DOES NOT support multiple processors on a single motherboard. Only Opterons can do so.

Back
Top Bottom