Pre-Configured Desktop PC Reviews...

hell hp/compaq, and cyberpower, and abs are better since they give you more options then dell is but still

custom is the way to go!

matius said:
I realize everyone has an opinion and sometimes you just get a lemon.

But what's the point of CNET or PCMAG or PCWorld reviews.

It seems every PC with a 8+ rating has user opinions on average of 5.5-. I realize *maybe* these reviews are tainted by business offerings, but I can't get a good read on any review anywhere in my price range.

I need something quick, quiet and powerful for around 1K USD. It's for audio production so I have to be able to replace the sound card and expand the memory.

I think with Dell if you open the case your warranty is removed?

I guess I am asking if anyone can give some suggestions from experience on how I can find a good computer...brands/models ideas would not be turned away.

Thanks for any help.

See if you can find good things in "Consumer Reports". They don't take money for anybody for any ad, etc. Pc world and them all take money to make products look better.

but, comsumer reports are staffed by older people that don't know much about pcs. they test them in internet browsing, listining to oldies music and they email crummy vacation pictures.

Also Apples arent good with sound. The compression ratio of quicktime audio is horrible. and mp4 music file can take up twice as much space as an mp3 but sound totally bad. I am a discening audiophile and I can vouch for mp3 and ATRAC3 but when it coems to mp4 audio on apple, nothing can outdo its sheer INCOMPATIBILTY and infidelity. It does not sound as good as mp3 or even close.

Moviewize, Mp4 movies lack quality, I had the movie "the island" in mp4 format and it was crap quality, even playing in quicktime latest version. It also skipped and had errors burning to VCD2/VCD1/DVD format since it was incompatible with ether. I couldnt even format it to divx! The movie file was 2.5 gigs! But I found a divx one at 1.2 gigs and it wasd OUTSTANDING DVD Quality!!! The quicktime mastering software is insufficant for anyone doing any advanced effects, it takes 2 hours to encode a 30 minute movie file, and let alone the BAD compression ratio (and I though adobe premier was worse!) a 30 minute video was 500 megs whilist a divx file of equal quality was only 200! do the MATH!

If you want to use any sound software I suggest sony sound forge, vegas video, Any of teh sony studio suite apps, adobe premiere (if nessicary) divx, sony dvd archetect,etc! those are real tools not fashionista play toys.

people think apple is cool just becuase celebs use them and they think they are good cuase they see them doing amazing things in the movies! ha! its the MOVIES its all fake people! they use a macromedia flash interface and rapid keystrokes (one of my GREATEST pet peeves!) to make it all look intense! duh! anyone with anything for brains can figure that out! so why do people buy macs? becuase they are mass market media lead morons! who belive they can even make chicken noodle soup (of all things) look hip! How can you make chicken noodle soup hip!? (sigh the old people trying to look cool in the younger generation's eyes, keeps getting worse and worse!)

people who buy macs are a sellout to pop culture! that's all they are. next they will prefer a beetle over a ferrarri!

Back
Top Bottom