Computer Help Needed! Pics Included!

Darren1

Solid State Member
Well, My computer froze So I turn it off by flipping the power switch. Then a couple minutes later I turn the computer back on and I get this.

IM000131.jpg

I don't know what the hell that means but I see the only option is pressing F2. So I proceeded and got onto this screen.

IM000132.jpg

Once again, I don't know where I am or what I'm doing. So I press exit and end up with this.

IM000125.jpg

It says "..oot and Select proper Boot device
.... insert Boot media in selected boot device and press a key "

So everytime I start up my computer I either end up on pic number 1 or it goes straight to 3. Pressing F10 or F7 doesn't work on startup for me.

My computer ( Sony Vaio ) didn't come with a recovery disk thing if that helps.

I'm trying to get through this or at least reformat from here. Any suggestions? Any other forums with hardcore computer people on it?

Well your first mistake was buying a Sony computer and your second mistake is the same as your first.

Well , was I supposed to leave it on frozen until I found another way to get on internet?

Have you looked throught the BIOs and looked for a boot priority setting? Make sure that is set for your hard drive

GreatHype said:
Well your first mistake was buying a Sony computer and your second mistake is the same as your first.

wut the hell is wrong with buying a sony computer?? u guys are so paranoid with "none custom computers" that whenever u see one u critisize it.....
i had a sony vaio since 2002 and its working great rite now quiet and good performance.

so back to the topic, the jumper on ur hdd should be placed in the master position

it wont be the jumper because his comp was working fine before it froze, for some reason your computer isnt recognizing the hard drive as the boot drive anymore so windows might have been damaged when u turned it off anyway u can always try resetting the bios with the jumper on the motherboard, dont ask me where it is because it probably varies but if u have the booklet that came with the comp then it should tell u in there if not google it and find out

did you try running it in safemode? if it froze but worked before maybe a system restore could work?

Back
Top Bottom