Is 1GB RAM enough?

Mostly gaming and using Photoshop no real big movie editing, maybe some minor stuff here and there.

I have a gigabyte of RAM in mine and have never thought about upgrading it any more. Just doesn't seem worth it in my case, since all my games run well and those are the only CPU intensive applications that I ever run.

Yup, it's perfect for the average consumers and a little bit more. Our work got servers running at 512MB and 1GB only. Plenty...

1337DuD3 said:
Never knew that. Windows stops using VM once you have 2GB+ RAM. Interesting. So doe shtat essentially speed up Windows, or just save disk space by not having to establish a page file?

So yeah it does speed up windows, and, does also save disk space. Because its faster to juse use the ram, instead of temperaorly use the hard drive. But what makes it faster, is because the ram is just like right there, and VM, is down in the hard drive. so it takes time to go dig it up.

If you do much video editing, video capturing, etc 1 GB is NOT enough..........I kept having alot of failures and it was because I was running right close to 1GB all the time during video editing.
I upgraded to 2 GB and no more issues............

1gb is good for now... but in the future when windows vista comes out ... if u get it... u may wanna get 2. But 1gb is very good and is becoming the standard now.

lol all your wondering if 1gig is good enough when im sitting here with 512 and im doing ight lol but im thinking bout going to a gig. will it be a big jump from 512 ??

golfer07 said:
lol all your wondering if 1gig is good enough when im sitting here with 512 and im doing ight lol but im thinking bout going to a gig. will it be a big jump from 512 ??

A 1gb is a hell of a jump for memory. It makes every single application run much faster. Not to mention, it also improves your startup and shutdown times. Gaming is one of the main areas you will see a good increase in performance. Definitely go for it. Matter of fact, you can see if your motherboard supports "dual channel". That way your memory will run faster than just using another regular stick of 512mb.

Back
Top Bottom