Dual Core question.

Dc.. WTF?

What are you lookin for gaming? Basic computer functions? Server? Give me an idea of what your doing, and ill give you a processor.

The Pent D suites me fine. But others would like the X2 From AMD. They have charts to prove that the X2 is faster than the Pent D line because of their chip structure, and the way AMD made [EDIT Designed it] it. Intel, from what I hear, rushed the D line into the market. So overall, right now the AMD X2 line would be the best choice because of the way the chip is made [EDIT Designed ] , and because of it's core. Unlike the Pent D, which is made up of two Prescott cores, which these days, run very hot, which is bad for performence.

7295.png

From AMD Tech.

I'll give you more graphs.

Link

arrizx said:
Dc.. WTF?

What are you lookin for gaming? Basic computer functions? Server? Give me an idea of what your doing, and ill give you a processor.

DC/Dual Core.

I'm going to use it for gaming and some media editing.

Get an X2 or an Intel Pentium D. It's up to you.

X2s are seen as better though. Especially by me.

Is it possible, to buy an Athlon 64 3500 to cheapen a computer up and then replace it with a better chip later on?

As so...

AMD Athlon 64 3500+

Abit AN8 Ultra

2xDDR 1GB Giel Ultra X RAM

200GB WestDig 7200rpm SATA2 HDD

BFG GeForce 7800GTX 256MB PCIe VC

Pioneer dual layer 16x DVD burner

An then later on upgrade the processor chip to something else without having to change the mobo?

Yes you could do that, that is actually what I am planning on doing as soon as most games start actually benifiting from dual cores

Back
Top Bottom