AIM Triton

G9

Daemon Poster
Is it trustworthy? Has AOL somehow twisted something into the user agreement?

I'm just worried... I have an instinctive fear whenever it comes to anything AOL-related.

Eh, last I heard was that the current beta was really buggy (can't log in sometimes and such). Also comes with a ton of "crapware" (Diff AOL crap, Viewpoint, Plaxo, etc). Beta 0.88 worked ok for me, but that was the last that I tested. It's up to 1.1 now or something.

Another thing: The installer is just a download utility, you have to download the "real" installer from the one AIM gives you. Kinda strange, don't you think?

At any rate, if you decide to grab a copy of AIM Triton, be sure you get AIM Ad Hack for Triton, and ViewpointKiller 1.05 . Those two will get a lot of junk off of your system if you download Triton. :D

Hm... yeah, the installer kind of got me on the edge of my seat... and all that junk I manually deleted... the program works fine though.

Im So Angry At Netscape And Aol! They Suspended My Aim Screen Name!, Sucks!, Because My Buddy List Is Gone All The 100's Of People!

Triton sucks, and if you guys want to get rid of ad's on 5.9.3861 or whatever it is, hit me up on AIM I just made another ad remove, get's rid of the blank space too..

AIM Triton isn't that bad...just a bit confusing since somethings are different. I especially like how they incorporate all of your conversations into one box and let you switch back and forth to each one by using the sidebar.

Eh, whatever...I just use it to communicate with people. I could care less about what it looks like or what features it has.

As far as the interface, I must say that it is one of the best that I've used from them.

However, it comes with all of this extra crap like AOL Explorer and all that other shit that just cloggs up the system. It doesn't hurt that bad though because I manually deleted everything out. Other than that, it is a pretty easy and usable IM application.

Back
Top Bottom