ATI Reveals Radeon X1900!!!

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Ok guys, ready for another new release by ATI? Doesn't this ever end? ATI's next GPU, the R580 (Radeon X1900), should be announced in January. Actual availability of the cards, however, is not known as of yet. The 90-nanometer chip is expected to be clocked higher than the Radeon X1800 and feature 48 pixel shader processors. It was originally supposed to support Shader Model 4.0 and GDDR4 as well. You will need to buy a “master” Radeon X1900 to run such cards in CrossFire mode.

ATI Reveals Radeon X1900 Details Internally
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2653

Don't know yet, but Nvidia's working on it. The new R580 architecture or the X1900 as we like to call it, will be pin to pin compatible with the X1800XT PCB. The cooling design will be similar to the X1800XT. X1900 will most likely be competing against Nvidia's G71 when the time comes. Better than current 7800 series video cards.

if you think it's gets harder, here's even more news. Nvidia is currently in volume production of its 90nm GPU series, the G71, G72 and G73. Nvidia also plans to introduce its next flagship chip, the NV50, in the middle of 2006!!!

Good news huh? That means we will see a mean streak of good stuff next year. Way to go ATI and Nvidia.

There will be 3 models to choose from: Radeon X1900XT, Radeon X1900XTX and Radeon X1900XT Crossfire. It is still unclear what exactly is the X1900XTX but it's probably a higher clocked version. ATi R580 has 16 pipelines but features 48 shader processors now instead of 16 previously on the R520 so we can expect some performance boost here.

Did I not tell you guys this back when that one guy made the "ATi pwns nvdidia!!!" thread? See...you should always trust the Justin...for he knows all! muahahahaha!!!

Yeah, whatever. :rolleyes: Haha, just kidding! :p

You know what I would like? The Xbox 360's Xenos GPU. Oh baby...:D

Back
Top Bottom