Another FEAR thread sry

Ok, I checked the Minimum Requirements on for F.E.A.R, because I have the box right beside me. And this is what is says for you to be able to just PLAY the game...

-DirectX 9.0c (August Edition) {included in game}
-Penitum 4 1.7 GHz equivilant processor
-512MB of RAM or more
-64MB GeForce 4 Ti or Radeon 9000 video card
-Monitor that can display in 4:3 aspect ratio
-5.0GB of space for installation
-Additional Hard Drive space for a swap file and saved game files
-4x CD-ROM Drive (DVD-ROM for Director's Edition)
-16-bit DirectX 9.0 sound card with support for EAX 2.0
-Broadband or LAN connection for multiplayer games
-Mouse
-Keyboard

Here are the RECOMMENDED specifications...

-Pentium 3.0GHz or equivalent processor
-1 Gigabyte of RAM
-A 256MB Radeon 9800 PRO or GeForce 6600 or equivalent supported DiretX 9 complient video card with hardware T&L and pixel shader 2.0 support
Sound Blaster X-Fi series sound card

Supported chipsets:

ATi Radeon 9000 series, Radeon 9500 series, Radeon 9600 series, Radeon 9700 series, Radeon 9800 series, Radeon X600 series, Radeon X700 series, Radeon X800 series, radeon X850 series.

nVidia GeForce 4 Ti series, GeForce FX 5900 series, GeForce 6600 series, GeForce 6800 series, GeForce 7800 series

So if your computer falls into at least the minium, then you're good to go! :)

well im sry i didnt mean any offence to you but i think you jumped the gun by calling me an @$$hole, @$$hole. so let just leave it at this shall we?

are you gong to get the game now that alot of people say that your specs are going to run it alround medium. coz its probably one of the best games that i have played to date yet?

TreeHugger said:
wow those got to be the highest requirements ever created.........limits their target consumers

Well liek most of us said, "It's an incredibly demanding game." And by no means were we lying. This game has some INCREDIBLE graphics. The physics are also pretty cool! Once you see how many particles come flying off a wall when you shoot it, then you'll be like, "Wow...that's...awesome."

This game requires the best simply because it IS the best. And by best I mean that it is the greatest graphics capable game on the market. I mean look at the "Recommended" specifications! usually you want to be above the recommened specifications. So you have to have at least a CPU running at 3.2GHz and 2 gigabytes of RAM, along with a 256MB memory and 256-bit video card. This game is incredible!

It's also really fun online. Seeing as how there are no ranks whatsoever it makes it more fun.They're extremly fast paced and brutal. You got bullets all over the place, grenades going off, people talking and swearing. It all makes for a seriously fun game that is really demanding. But for those of us that can play it, it's worth it! ;)

1337DuD3 said:
Ok, I checked the Minimum Requirements on for F.E.A.R, because I have the box right beside me. And this is what is says for you to be able to just PLAY the game...

-DirectX 9.0c (August Edition) {included in game}
-Penitum 4 1.7 GHz equivilant processor
-512MB of RAM or more
-64MB GeForce 4 Ti or Radeon 9000 video card
-Monitor that can display in 4:3 aspect ratio
-5.0GB of space for installation
-Additional Hard Drive space for a swap file and saved game files
-4x CD-ROM Drive (DVD-ROM for Director's Edition)
-16-bit DirectX 9.0 sound card with support for EAX 2.0
-Broadband or LAN connection for multiplayer games
-Mouse
-Keyboard

Here are the RECOMMENDED specifications...

-Pentium 3.0GHz or equivalent processor
-1 Gigabyte of RAM
-A 256MB Radeon 9800 PRO or GeForce 6600 or equivalent supported DiretX 9 complient video card with hardware T&L and pixel shader 2.0 support
Sound Blaster X-Fi series sound card

Supported chipsets:

ATi Radeon 9000 series, Radeon 9500 series, Radeon 9600 series, Radeon 9700 series, Radeon 9800 series, Radeon X600 series, Radeon X700 series, Radeon X800 series, radeon X850 series.

nVidia GeForce 4 Ti series, GeForce FX 5900 series, GeForce 6600 series, GeForce 6800 series, GeForce 7800 series

So if your computer falls into at least the minium, then you're good to go! :)
omg. 5 gig for install?

2 hdd's?

jeez

Er... No, I don't think they mean 2 HDD's, they're just saying that you need additional space (not included in the 5 gigabytes) for the swap files and saved game files.

Jamxx said:
Er... No, I don't think they mean 2 HDD's, they're just saying that you need additional space (not included in the 5 gigabytes) for the swap files and saved game files.

Yes that's what they mean. The installation requires 5 gigabytes, which is a lot. But once you play the game and see what it's like you'll realize that that 5 gigabytes seems a bit low. Because with all the animations and goodies the game has to offer it's amazing they fit the thing on one DVD. :)

so you need a dvd drive for it?

so u peeps with just a cd

SUCKERS!!!!!!!!

o wait...everyone has dvd's (unless they are cavemen, no offense)

lol

Back
Top Bottom