Shattered CD

showcivic17

Baseband Member
ok, this was a month or 2 back but i just got to bring it up. i had a mini lan party at my house. we were playing WoW then the pizza arrived. so i exited out of the game got up walked 2 steps then all i hear is zipzipzipzoomzoomCrackkerplunkshattersmash!

i swear to god it was the most messed up noise u would ever hear from a computer. me and my friends were laughing our azzes off cuz it was so loud and my one friend was like "hmm there goes your computer" and usually if my comp. made that noise i would be all worried but for some reason it made us laugh so hard. i wish more ppl heard the noise cuz it was messed, heck i wanna hear it again from a comp, i dont even think its suppose to be funny but it was cuz my eyes were red hehe

we didnt know what in da heell happened but my computer worked fine even after all that, i mean this noise was crazy. then 2 days later i look in my cd drive and my WC3 CD is shattered into like 7 pieces! i was like holy crap i heard/saw a myth or rumor of this on a myth tv show shown by MTV.

have any of u ever heard of this? did it ever happen to any of u? btw my computer is fine no worries :)

Yeah, I've heard of this. I think it's becuase the cd gets really hot. I think it's also got something to do with the speed of the drive although I might be wrong.

Wow i would have been freakin out lol, never had a shattered cd but my old gateway decided to"eat my xp cd" it took and made a scratch noise and the bottom of the cd was messed up like a million scraps all over it

The same thing happened to me i just bougth half life 2 played it for like 4 hours then all of a sudden there was a knocking noise coming from the cd drive so i opened it and the disc was split clean in two

Yeah, it has to do with the speed of the cd, and how hot it is. If it was in that drive all night, running at 52x or higher, then yeah, i expect it to do that. Lol.. u gotta give the stuff a break.

Does anyone know if you can cool your cd drive, just wodnering?

Im not to sure if you can but i hacked about a bit in my case and mounted chassis fan in between my cd drives. Its connected straight to the Psu but has a switch outside to turn it on and off when i need it.

maybe it shorted and the motor that spun the cd spun it so fast and it got so hot it shattered..

wow holy crap, i didnt kno this kind of stuff can happen on a computer . cds cracking ??!!?! never heard of them...

Back
Top Bottom