what is ur iq

jac006 said:
How can you say that Einstien's i.q. was just above 160
I used Google
when we don't really know what it really was.
Somebody does and they were kind enough to post answers!
It was roughly that of around 180-200. But we don't know. Again, this was one that a school administered to me. It was in the 6th grade, and...
IQ is determined by age as well as test results... so if you were only in the 6th grade then I can believe that...

the tests are supposed to be weighted so that most people appear in the 100 marker, as that is supposed to be average...

Maybe the numbers have changed... again, that's my results...

as for the quality of online tests... I think that this sums it up well...

Although online IQ tests have become wildly popular with the explosion of the internet in recent years, they are highly inaccurate. Comparing results among a large set of people shows a common factor: most scores are above 110. However, 100 is the average score for an IQ test by definition, in addition online IQ tests do not create an equal distribution of scores both above and below the average. Such tests measure very few people in the 70 to 90 range, and hence create a strong upward distortion. Such an upward distortion might however be reasonable in the skewed population of those online and interested in IQ. In addition, many of these websites do not show the results immediately but instead attempt to sell certificates showing the results.

Another theory of why these sites give such high IQ scores, is that if one received an IQ score that rated lower than average, they would be unlikely to tell their friends about the site, and the site would receive fewer hits.

So I would assume that my 140 score is more likely a 110 - 120 and the site lies to make it's self look good... or at least the site lies to make me look good.
Don't get me wrong... I'm no genius...

root said:
I used Google

Somebody does and they were kind enough to post answers!

IQ is determined by age as well as test results... so if you were only in the 6th grade then I can believe that...

the tests are supposed to be weighted so that most people appear in the 100 marker, as that is supposed to be average...

as for the quality of online tests... I think that this sums it up well...

So I would assume that my 140 score is more likely a 110 - 120 and the site lies to make it's self look good... or at least the site lies to make me look good.
Don't get me wrong... I'm no genius...

Agreed. But, maybe I missed it or what, but this score wasn't one from the internet. This was a government test. A test my school gave. Yeah, a couple of years. Just to clear things up.

jac006 said:
I'm sorry, but it's true. I don't if that internet iq test is legit man. I took one when I was in GATE and they said my I.Q. was 180.

It could be possible that you got a very high iq like that. it all depends on which test you took. IQ tests work on the basis of standard deviation (cant remember exactly how but it has all been explained to me!) and so every test has a different standard

the only true way we can all compare would be to all take the same iq test (which would mean doing the same one einstein took lol)

all that said though.. I've never heard of someone getting upwards of 150 on an iq test (einsteins believable though)... i smell bull$h!t!!!

quoting mensa's website ("The high IQ society") - "The average IQ is 100 but this value depends upon the measurement scale used. "

Last time i done a test was on tickle and i was around 130. that was a while back

Paradox said:
Why am I up there twice?

And the reason he has so little posts a day is because he'll leave and come back, but everytime he comes back he goes on a spamming spree. You can't look at records and tell who spams and who doesn't.
You're up there twice because I made a mistake...

I relaise that you can't just look at the records and come up with an ultra accurate picture of who is doing waht...

but then I could say that not all posts are usefull anyway...

consider my post count for example...

I estimate, that 40% of my posts are in the social lounge.
that's generally chit chatting, telling peopl enot to argue etc...
1% is probably in the staff lounge discussing things about the forum.
10% is in the tech help section, (which I've neglected to post in now for ages)
15% is in web programming
and probably the same in computer programing
proably 10% in hacking/security

leaving the last 9% liberally scattered around the web hosing, networking, server admin and suggestions forum...
(actually i think that my social lounge estimate might have been a little high!

I guess what I'm sating is that whilst you can analyze till the cows come home but it doesn't mean anything...

for example, a lot of posts in the helping sections are posts saying could you explain a little better, or if you told us a little more, or asking to re-phrase because their description of a problem is too ambiguous... are they wasted chit chat posts as well then?

it's be better if post counts were to go and if they were replace with pure reputation points... but then that would make this place a little too much like experts exchange, and the system is open to abuse as well...

A great example is some idiot gave me negative reputation points because I basically quoted what he said and added some more information... his negative rep points were commented with how useless the information given was...

anyway... at the end of the day, I think it's time we stopped getting on everyones cases about spam...
if you have a problem with someone spamming (I mean a regular poster posting an awfull lot). then keep it too your self... quietly make a case book against them,, then send it to a mod...
if we agree with tyou that someone is making hundreds of stupid or pointless posts, and double posting everywhere just to get their piost count up... then we can do something like suspend their acocunt for a day.

thinking that someone is doign wrong by posting a lot is not an excuse to go on a little pointless posting spree of your own, (like there is at the begining of this thread).

That said... can we drop this now and get back to the posting?

dude, 182 that is incredible, i know elaine benice is 151 but seinfeld is fake...

i am off to take my next one.

WHAT 123!!!! at 11am i am 3 points lower than at 11:44 and night!!!!!!!!!

root said:
RE Voodoo childs spamming...

Voodoo Child, Joined: July 30th 2005, Posts: 999, Posts per day: 6.84

SetShock, Joined: February 2nd 2005, Posts: 2760, Posts per day: 8.52
Paradox, Joined: June 28th 2005, Posts: 2321, Posts per day:13.04
Alvino, Joined:September 6th 2004, Posts:7974, Posts per day:16.86
Sk8ngame, Joined:November 9th 2005, Posts: 367, Posts per day: 8.29
Jac006, Joined: October 8th 2004, Posts: 4655, Posts per day:10.55
arrizx, Joined:April 26th 2005, Posts:2323, Posts per day:9.63
Paradox, Joined: August 28th 2005, Posts:1170, Posts per day:10.04

All of you (complaining about Voodoo Childs posts) have aquired more posts in less time than he has...
All of you have started threads in here.
All of you have joined in the game threads.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

You've all (in your time here) had one of two pointless posts, so don't start getting on Voodoo Childs case just because he'd making a few at the moment...

That said. it's quality over quantity voodoo child, there's no point in making all of these posts and threads if it's making people pissed off at you, perhaps a few less meainless threads, and a few more quality posts would be great? try breaking out of the social lounge and giing some advice in some of the other parts of the forum?

and in case you're all wondering...
root, Joined:March 29th 2004, Posts:2366, Posts per day:3.73

Uhh...wanna tell me what I did wrong? All I did was post what I got on the test. I never complained about Voodoo Child, but whatever. Oh and the reason why my post count is so high since I joined in 9/6/04 is because I consistently come here. The only time I've never gone here was when I tried to boycott CF to see if I could resist this place, and it sadly failed.

Einstein got the highest IQ possible, back then the chart wasnt extended that far. And all of these online IQ tests are stupid. First, a trained professional has to give you the test, in a closed room, no windows, no distractions. And it's not just made up questions like all these online.

Back
Top Bottom