safely remove hardware?

setishock said:
A usb device has been stopped. Now xp is assuming you want to remove it. Go back over every thing you have done since you got the machine. I'm willing to bet real money you stopped a device. Check your work...
But the icon was there the first time I booted windows. Alls I have done is install norton, a few games, and thats it.

GreatHype said:
Ya that looks sort of like it. Well I installed the printer and the icon is still up.
That is what is causing it. I have exactly the same message on my computer. Nothing you can do about it i'm afraid.

Edit: The smart media thing not the printer.

Ok let's narrow it down some. Was the machine a prefab like a dell or did some one build it?

Lil tammy the only time you get that message is when you stop a usb device. If the printer is riding piggy back to the same irq then a conflict would be taking place and xp would pop up an error message. Since there is no error message then it's safe to assume it's a device that has been shut off. The device is still in the system and being sensed by xp. Hence the safe to remove message. I get this with my digital camera. I just stopped using this and just unplug itafter turning the power off at the camera. It goes be boop and that's the end of it.

The only thing you could do is to open the case and disconnect the card reader, but this would almost certainly void your warranty.

Time to call that 1-800 number.
Double click on the safe to remove icon and see if it shows you what device it is.

Its the MS reader, SM reader, CF reader, and the SD reader. So its basically all the ports in the front of the tower.

Back
Top Bottom