Is it OK to put burned DVD's together in a stack???

coolguy1

Baseband Member
...like the one the new Disks are available, or do i need to but the DVD cases for its safety??? Thanks.

arrizx said:
its safer with some cases, just be carfull if you stack them.

Careful as in how?? I got a 50 pack disk of Memorex, i was burning a DVD every day and i keep them back on the same stack starting from bottom and i got empty disks at the top. Is that safe??

I leave all my burned discs in a stack, its safe because in the center that little raises circle keeps the surface from touching, the only part that touches (unlessed squeezed together) is the outer edge.

btw, i might just tell you but home burned or ones you burn, the discs scratch 10x easier becuase they are not made with the same stuff as cd's already burnt.

webmonkey said:
btw, i might just tell you but home burned or ones you burn, the discs scratch 10x easier becuase they are not made with the same stuff as cd's already burnt.

The surface on Software CD's is tougher because only a read laser needs to penetrate it the surface on a writable cd is softer so the data can actually be written.

Also it is perfectly safe to stack them on one of those spindle things as Paradox and others explained.

Back
Top Bottom